Old 26-11-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
Mumbler

Default Ditch healing time?

I usually heal up really quickly from new ink, with most pieces healing up completely within about seven days. Until now, the only work that I found took considerably longer to heal was on my hands, which took a full two weeks, which is understandable given how exposed they are and how much they're used.

Five days ago I had my right ditch done, and it's still hurting like hell. It's not infected or anything, because it's not swollen or red or anything, but it's still really painful - again, like the hands, this is not entirely unexpected since it's skin that's almost constantly in motion, but I'm just curious to hear other people's experiences with how long this area is likely to take to stop hurting, and to heal up. I'd be particularly curious to hear from other people who also have their hands tattooed, to see how the timeframe compares.

My outer elbow stopped hurting after about two days, and I guess I expected something similar for the ditch, but that's evidently not the case!
bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Not had my hands done but, like you, I heal pretty quickly.
The ditch on my right arm though took a fair bit longer - the only place I've ever had a scab (but only the size of a penny coin).
Don't remember it hurting though.

Hope it sorts itself out soon buddy.
Old 27-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #3
We Are Not Worthy

I haven't had the whole of my ditch done, just the inside and outside parts but they took a lot longer to heal, and like Aiken Drum I got a small scab on mine. I think mine hurt for just over a week, I probably should have kept wrapping it for longer but didn't realise it would heal at a different speed to the rest of my arm. Just had more work on the underneath and a re-touch of the ditch though so I'll look after it more carefully this time.

Hope your arm feels better soon.x.x
athenajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #4
Mumbler

Thanks for the replies, they've set my mind at ease a little. Interestingly, mine has also scabbed and I have realised that's what's still making it hurt - every time I move the arm, the scab is pulling a little, and that's why it's sore. I guess I just have to play the waiting game until this puppy finally heals up!
bokkie is offline   Reply With Quote