Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Worried about my sleeve in Progress

Hi Guys,

I decided I wanted to get a themed dragon sleeve and eventually found a dragon I liked. I wanted a skyline of the world as an armband and a water colour background and volcano. Things seem to not come together. I like the dragon a lot even though it is not black as I wanted. I wanted a red watercolour skyline but then it came out horrendous. I asked at the next session for it to be turned black it the artist said the black will merge with the dragon and therefore he suggested a gradient which I was okay with. I find the skyline a bit untidy and want it neatened up. What do you think? Then the vocano was a disaster. It looked nothing like the picture (I had asked him to draw it before but he didnīt) The smoke looks like bubbles and the alignment is totally off from the skyline. I am not sure what to do

Before the changes to the skyline and before the vocano

After the changes and watercolour sun added

The volcano close up

The original Volcano pic I got the idea from:

Back of arm meeting of the skyline and volcano

Original dragon pic

I have 1 more session left to finish the background. I want these blue tiles above the dragon and inbetween and then black tiles below the skyline and volcano forming an armband

What do you guys think? What do you think I can do to fix the misalignment of the volcano and the smoke that looks like bubbles?

Also, I have had 2 six hour sessions so far and the artist has not even asked to take a pic to put on insta/facebook and what not when he always uploads his work even in progress ones. So this defo shows that he knows he has done a bad job I hope he is not on this website lmfao
DragonFanSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Just... STOP!
Before it's too late and the only way out would be to chop off your arm. Sorry for the harsh words, but this is... scratcher quality at the very best.. No depth, lines are shaky and the buildings... wow... that's something new. You gotta step back.. do a bit of a research on GOOD artists, laser it a bit and get a decent rework from someone that's good. It looks a bit like it was drawn by a 5 y.o.
That's my opinion.
bamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
Chat Slut

Dude....

First thing to do when you find yourself in a hole?

Stop digging.
DamianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamz View Post
Just... STOP!
Before it's too late and the only way out would be to chop off your arm. Sorry for the harsh words, but this is... scratcher quality at the very best.. No depth, lines are shaky and the buildings... wow... that's something new. You gotta step back.. do a bit of a research on GOOD artists, laser it a bit and get a decent rework from someone that's good. It looks a bit like it was drawn by a 5 y.o.
That's my opinion.
Thanks for you post. So you don't like the dragon even? I thought he was a good artist. Looks at his previous work:
Instagram

Which parts do you think I should get lasered or did you think everything. I am so stressed.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianL View Post
Dude....

First thing to do when you find yourself in a hole?

Stop digging.
Is it that bad?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

It's incredibly poor I'm afraid. As the others have said just stop before it gets made any worse.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkedJames View Post
It's incredibly poor I'm afraid. As the others have said just stop before it gets made any worse.
Thanks for the response. Do you think the quality is poor or the design or both? I really like my theme I just don't think his execution was good or do you dislike the theme as well? Should I laser it or do you think it can be fixed?
Old 08-12-2014, 01:35 AM   #8
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFanSA View Post
Thanks for you post. So you don't like the dragon even? I thought he was a good artist. Looks at his previous work:
Instagram

Which parts do you think I should get lasered or did you think everything. I am so stressed.

Just had a look at that Instagram, have a feeling he is stealing them pics from another artist, as the work on there and yours look nothing alike unless he has been doing yours with his eyes closed
Old 08-12-2014, 03:54 AM   #9
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper13 View Post
Just had a look at that Instagram, have a feeling he is stealing them pics from another artist, as the work on there and yours look nothing alike unless he has been doing yours with his eyes closed
That was my first thought. That work isn't the same as what's on your arm.

To echo what's been said it's not great. Sorry.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #10
Rambler

Really can't blame you for this, his work on instagram is good.

As for your tattoo... sorry but its quite shit.
Satanizmo is offline   Reply With Quote