Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
Jedi Chat Master

Default Brag Art List Lives - Android Only!

Hi folks,

Search the Android Market Place for 'Brag Art List'

Apple is not released yet but should be next week.

Well finally the first phase of the app on Android has gone live and can be downloaded.

I am for now just keeping the info its live to the forums for a first feel and until Apple is released, which will hopefully be next week. Then I will hit all my social medias, artists etc with the info its been released.

The description I hate lol Sounds like a Janet and John book, so that is being redone but for now you can if you wish, read the cheesyness ha!

I would really appreciate if people could 5 star and write a review on it as the best thing since sliced bread lol on the actual app to help it climb in searches.

But I would really like the hard truths, feedback's, criticisms, suggestions etc here please.

Please be brutally honest here

There is a small icon in the top left corner for searching, Country, City, Town, etc or you can manually use the touch screen.

I really wanted it to launch with the links to the artists social medias to use the in phone apps instead of the browser but for now it isn't implemented but it will be I also want to add search by artist name but that's not for launch

Artists working at the same location will show as just one marker until pressed and then it will split as it zooms in to more markers for the other artists, so don't forget to check those out

As the app gets more and more filled with artists, it will start to look like a mess I think, so I have a design solution for this to be implemented at a later date, if the app does well.

I started with 500 artists, some from my original map and some new but mostly ones from the original map. Gathering and researching every artists info and exact coordinates etc takes ages. I have another 300 ready to add and another 1500 artists to research and gather info for before uploading them.

I have/will be adding all kinds of styles to try and cater for everyone. I mean some of the ones I have found, I really do not like the style but they are well done for that type of style (I hope lol) If you guys spot any artist that you think should not be on there please also mention it below. I had so much info that I might have missed to take out some. Also the styles I don't like but they look well done to me but I am not experienced really in these styles, so again if you see in the future anyone that you don't think should be on the map, please say so in this thread

Conventions - some have the old dates they were on and these will be changed soon as a date for them comes available but some are already available for this year.

The app is free with adverts and 99p to remove them. Apart from the money to make the apps, the support fees at the moment are 300 a month just to run the app and then of the 99p Google and Apple will take 30% aswell, minus VAT as well, greedy cunts lol So for every paid download I get like 50p lol

Anyhow, please let me know what you think, even if you think its shit, I want to know and wont be hurt or offended and how it works on your devices as we could only test it on a few handsets as I don't own every phone in the world lol So I hope it works on everyone's devices. I tested it on my phone which is a flag ship phone, so it runs super fast for me but I tested it on some cheaper phones and it was slower due to all the markers but that is to be expected I guess

It has been made for both mobiles and tablets.

I grew up with Graffiti and that shows itself in the design, it was more a personal taste thing and I wondered if it should have been made a more sterile/simplistic design like most but then thought fuck it, I want something arty and different from the generic tattoo sites lol

What do you think of the Logo, marker designs etc?

All and any feedback welcome

Cheers!
Old 05-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Nice! Congrats bro! I'm going to get it now and play with it and let u know my experience. You are a true ambassador to the industry.

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Blah! I have to wait until Apple stop sucking!
JamesUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:08 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

i got a samsung alpha android. will download now and let u know
vik2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

ok. downloaded fine.

looks good on launch, but then when you click on a country i got plagued with ads. it threw me out of the app into ads.. later into using the app it got flooded with ads again and threw me into play store to download other apps.

2nd thing, when i click into a country it just goes into a random artist details. e.g i clicked on uk and i ended up in leal moule location showing her shop details. it should allow me to zoom around the uk into the areas i want.

needs tweaking but looks good.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik2001 View Post
ok. downloaded fine.

looks good on launch, but then when you click on a country i got plagued with ads. it threw me out of the app into ads.. later into using the app it got flooded with ads again and threw me into play store to download other apps.

2nd thing, when i click into a country it just goes into a random artist details. e.g i clicked on uk and i ended up in leal moule location showing her shop details. it should allow me to zoom around the uk into the areas i want.

needs tweaking but looks good.
Thanks for the feedback

Of course adverts are annoying, that is what they do lol, you only have to click the little X on the ads and it will not go to the advert.

It does allow you to zoom or search, your using it wrong. read my thread fully

There is a search button, then you can zoom in or out as you like, your not supposed to click on a country. Or you can just move around and zoom in manually. If your clicking a country, you will be hitting a marker, thats why you are getting a random artist

Last edited by peterpoose; 05-02-2015 at 01:36 PM.
peterpoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

I have an iPhone and an android tablet so will download it on both and let you know how I get on!
Old 05-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

no i meant when i first launch the app and i click on the country itself for e.g UK it went into a random shop. if i use the search function its fine.

in some of the ads i can click on the X to close it. but some ads throw you out your app into the play store to download other apps. that is annoying.

in the future enhancements be good to search by type of style. like realism, bng, colour artists etc.

otherwise its looking good, great app if your travelling about.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:06 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik2001 View Post
no i meant when i first launch the app and i click on the country itself for e.g UK it went into a random shop. if i use the search function its fine.

in some of the ads i can click on the X to close it. but some ads throw you out your app into the play store to download other apps. that is annoying.

in the future enhancements be good to search by type of style. like realism, bng, colour artists etc.

otherwise its looking good, great app if your travelling about.
Thanks

Your not supposed to click on a country

Yep it is annoying but its free with Ads, you can remove them for .99p, I have to try and get some of my investment back somehow lol 20k for the first year.

Cheers for the feedback
Old 05-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Awesome congratulations on getting it all up and running

i'm downloading it as i type this

out of interest would you rather people bought the app or used the free one? which is going to put more money in your pocket?
sloseph is offline   Reply With Quote