Old 08-09-2017, 08:40 AM   #81
Chat Slut
 
lwlssptrck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Ireland
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provocajade View Post
Is the octopus on the inner bicep you? Because that was one of the reasons why I was sold on getting work from him.

Bte your profile pic laukis/butcher piece is fucking awesome.
Yep, that's the one, it's epic!

Thanks dude, appreciate it
lwlssptrck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #82
Chat Slut
 
lwlssptrck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Ireland
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provocajade View Post
Is the octopus on the inner bicep you? Because that was one of the reasons why I was sold on getting work from him.

Bte your profile pic laukis/butcher piece is fucking awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlssptrck View Post
Yep, that's the one, it's epic!

Thanks dude, appreciate it
Sorry, I completely mis-read this... Octopus is not my tattoo! I wish it was!!
lwlssptrck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #83
Chat Virgin
 
GetaldoElDiablo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NI
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedin View Post
I got myself a booking with the number 1 on my bucket list ; Chris Crooks

I can't do just three, I reckon I need at least 4 on my list,

2. Mike Moses
3. Johan Finne
4.Oleg Turyanskiy

You won't regret it, phenomenal talent.
GetaldoElDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #84
Rambler
 
Sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 83
Default

1. Toni Donaire
2. Mvtattoo
3. Brando Chiesa

Honorable Mention:
Sam Clark
Grindesign
Arlo DiCristina

As you can see I'm heavily about that neo trad, although illustrative black work and some b&g also speaks to me

Last edited by Sushi; 16-10-2017 at 04:51 PM.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #85
Jedi Chat Master
 
Karka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Brentwood, Essex
Posts: 607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
1. Toni Donaire
2. Mvtattoo
3. Brando Chiesa

Honorable Mention:
Sam Clark
Grindesign
Arlo DiCristina

As you can see I'm heavily about that neo read, although illustrative black work and some b&g also speaks to me
Please not Arlo! Word is that his stuff heals like shit!
__________________
IG: @m_karka
Karka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #86
Rambler
 
Sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karka View Post
Please not Arlo! Word is that his stuff heals like shit!
Word man, I appreciate the advice. Just searched through the forum and saw what you mean. I'm not huge on b&g so not a big deal in the end, but thank you for the heads up 🙂
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 12:23 AM   #87
Jedi Chat Master
 
DGreenwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,313
Default

I think the thing with Arlo is that he didn't have a lot of tattoo experience but had an absolute shit ton of artistic talent. So his tattoos gained a lot of notoriety because of how amazing they looked when they were fresh. That's not his fault. You can't fast track experience. He seems pretty dedicated so I can only guess that as his technique catches up to his talent he'll just keep getting better and better heals.
__________________
Instagram: greeniedavewood

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

Last edited by DGreenwood; 14-09-2017 at 12:26 AM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 04:36 AM   #88
Rambler
 
Sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I think the thing with Arlo is that he didn't have a lot of tattoo experience but had an absolute shit ton of artistic talent. So his tattoos gained a lot of notoriety because of how amazing they looked when they were fresh. That's not his fault. You can't fast track experience. He seems pretty dedicated so I can only guess that as his technique catches up to his talent he'll just keep getting better and better heals.
I'll have to keep a close look on him then. I'm mostly interest in neo trad anyway so any b&g will be a bit later in my life.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 05:26 AM   #89
Chat Slut
 
lwlssptrck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Ireland
Posts: 332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
1. Toni Donaire
2. Mvtattoo
3. Brando Chiesa

Honorable Mention:
Sam Clark
Grindesign
Arlo DiCristina

As you can see I'm heavily about that neo read, although illustrative black work and some b&g also speaks to me
Fat Toni! Love Brando too. I'm a big neo-read guy too ... 100% agree with Karka, Arlo's stuff heals awful from what I've seen online, I can send you examples if you like. Look like different tattoos once healed.

Also, just for info, Toni's books open in November!

Last edited by lwlssptrck; 14-09-2017 at 05:39 AM.
lwlssptrck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 06:09 AM   #90
Rambler
 
Sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlssptrck View Post
Fat Toni! Love Brando too. I'm a big neo-read guy too ... 100% agree with Karka, Arlo's stuff heals awful from what I've seen online, I can send you examples if you like. Look like different tattoos once healed.

Also, just for info, Toni's books open in November!
Oh dang, dude thank you so much for this info! Do you know what window of time he's booking for?
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Artists wanted for Salvation Tattoo in Miami Beach, FL corena1 Jobs and Placements - Offered / Wanted Ads 1 19-04-2014 01:27 PM
Nyc tattoo artists? yowie Tattoo Talk 6 16-04-2014 05:12 AM
Experienced artists wanted Manchester DannyBirch Jobs and Placements - Offered / Wanted Ads 1 23-03-2014 05:00 AM
Experienced artists and guest artists wanted Miss Jekyll Jobs and Placements - Offered / Wanted Ads 0 21-02-2012 11:10 AM
Full time artists and guest artists wanted Miss Jekyll Jobs and Placements - Offered / Wanted Ads 0 19-02-2012 01:19 AM


SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.