Old 03-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #81
Jedi Chat Master

Brilliant mate!
Old 03-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #82
Chat Slut

Thanks for th feedback people, really appreciate the comments.

Freshwaterotter- I would love to get it finished next year, I have other financial commitments coming up so I need to get saving! What tattoo are you hoping to complete- what style, artist etc?
big c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:50 PM   #83
Chat Slut

His speed is incredible! He's just posted a whole back and upper butt detailed outlining that he did in 9 hrs!!! Surely hd doesn't draw it and tattoo it all in that time. Makes him cheap when working so fast.
Smidds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:48 AM   #84
Chat Slut

Im in the same boat financially, I have about 3 or 4 inches left to get mine down to my wrist on the sleeve I just finished with Annie Frenzel. I don't expect it would take that much time/money but this whole trying to go to grad school thing is really putting a damper on my tattoo fund. I'll be damned if I let that stop me tho! Can't wait to see your future progress too!
FreshWaterOtters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 05:40 PM   #85
Chat Slut

https://imgur.com/gallery/XQh5aN9

I had another 5.5/6 hours on this today, extending from 3/4 to full. Chris was super quick and his usual very friendly self. Plan to get it completely finished in September.
big c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #86
Jedi Chat Master

Niiiiiiiiice!
Old 19-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #87
Chat Virgin

There are always two sides to every story.
Always ask around about an artist before starting a piece

I booked in with Chris many years ago huge back piece. Bottom of neck to ham strings. Wish I'd never gone near him. You get a session, then join the back of the queue waiting for the next sitting (normally 10/11/12 months) unless you take a cancellation. word from his white dragon tattoo family studio is that people regularly complain about him but he "doesn't give a f#@k as he's loads of work"!! Been in studios around London, North West England and the south coast he's known by his rather large ego too.
I spoken to many other much greater artists who are humble and grounded who don't feel the need to big themselves up on social media everyday by banging on about where their client has flown from that day. Yes he's a good artist but not worth the hassle in having years of trying to get your piece finished
Pincushion14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #88
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincushion14 View Post
There are always two sides to every story.
Always ask around about an artist before starting a piece

I booked in with Chris many years ago huge back piece. Bottom of neck to ham strings. Wish I'd never gone near him. You get a session, then join the back of the queue waiting for the next sitting (normally 10/11/12 months) unless you take a cancellation. word from his white dragon tattoo family studio is that people regularly complain about him but he "doesn't give a f#@k as he's loads of work"!! Been in studios around London, North West England and the south coast he's known by his rather large ego too.
I spoken to many other much greater artists who are humble and grounded who don't feel the need to big themselves up on social media everyday by banging on about where their client has flown from that day. Yes he's a good artist but not worth the hassle in having years of trying to get your piece finished
I couldn't disagree more.

Chris's waiting list is not long, you can get an appointment pretty easily. Plus he has lots of openings, you regularly see him post on Facebook about having days available.

Also, what is wrong with having an ego, I don't see why having confidence in yourself is a negative? He should have an ego, he has worked extremely hard for years to become one of the best artists on the planet, he knows him place and he knows his worth.

And I actually found him extremely humble and a great person to talk to.

He has a slightly eccentric personality, I think you might be mistaking that for an inflated ego.

I also think it's nice that he recognises the person, that has flown over to him, publicly.

Everyone has their own opinion but I would like to stick up for Chris, I think he is a great guy and would highly recommend him.
Old 20-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #89
Chat Virgin

He actually doesnt have lots of openings and when cancellations come up they are usually late afternoon for the next day which is OK if you live within driving distance not so much if that requires a flight.
Nothing wrong with having an ego but nestling your head next to your colon every night to sleep is a different matter. When do you see shige, horiyoshi, filip leu, holyfox or any other great artist bang on about where they have spent their money in designer shops or where their client has flown from that day, I've been with him when he's spoke of it it's just to massage his own ego.
I was quoting a member of his white dragon tattoo family staff when I said Chris has commented he doesn't give a F h has loads of work and loads of clients talking about his negative attitude towards clients (many of) waiting years to get work finished.
Pincushion14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #90
Jedi Chat Master

We will just have to agree to disagree on this one