Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #1
Rambler

Default Brag art list and advice

Hey! 2 questions.

1. Does anyone get a pop up saying there's an app collecting information when downloading the brag art list app? I have an old phone I use solely for apps. I've since deleted all of them except for Pandora, spotify, and a local radio app. with that being said- can someone just shoot me a quick screen shot of artists in the Minneapolis, mn area. Thanks in advance!

2. Tattoo Advice- My Grandma (who raised me) passed away a couple years back. My uncle and I spread her ashes a couple weeks ago. I screen shot the long/lat . I want to get the location tattooed on me with a sitting pink flamingo- that was her thing (but not large maybe a 2x3" area- I work in corporate America). long/lat going straight thru the flamingo? flamingo on top/bottom of long/lat? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE! Anyone know how that works if I get the flamingo and overlaying numbers. Would that be 2 sessions - waiting for flamingo to heal and then go in for the numbers?
tashmahal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 06:30 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

You could do that whole tattoo you described in one sitting. No reason to do two.

But get ready for a lot of people to tell you that the tattoo you described is not going to make for a very good tattoo. It's cool that it will have a lot of personal meaning to you but I think there's a way to still accomplish that and end up with a better tattoo.

Here's what I would do:

First, find an artist that you REALLY like and ask them if they'll design a custom tattoo for you.

When that artist asks what you want to do, tell him a little about your grandmother. Tell him that she really liked flamingos so you'd like your concept to involve that. Tell him about the place you spread her ashes and that you'd like to incorporate that aspect as well. Tell him about your idea for the long/lat but be open to other ways of tying the location into the concept.

And then let him design your tattoo. But be aware, a decent artist is probably going to want to do something bigger than 2x3. If you are open to something maybe the size of a hand, or at least a palm, you'll have better luck and I think that is still small enough to hide from corporate America.

If you have your heart set on your exact idea then go for it. But the way I described above is how most of us would go about this.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood

Last edited by DGreenwood; 29-09-2016 at 07:01 PM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 06:37 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

There are only two artists on the Brag Art List app that are located in Minnesota.
Click their name to see their instagram:
Scotty Munster
Megan Hoogland

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #4
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
You could do that whole tattoo you described in one sitting. No reason to do two.

But get ready for a lot of people to tell you that the tattoo you described is not going to make for a very good tattoo. It's cool that it will have a lot of personal meaning to you but I think there's a way to still accomplish that and end up with a better tattoo.

Here's what I would do:

First, find an artist that you REALLY like and ask them if they'll design a custom tattoo for you.

When that artist asks what you want to do, tell him a little about your grandmother. Tell him that she really liked flamingos so you'd like your concept to involve that. Tell him about the place you spread her ashes and that you'd like to incorporate that aspect as well. Tell him about your idea for the long/lat but be open to other ways of tying the location into the concept.

And then let him design your tattoo. But be aware, a decent artist is probably going to want to do something bigger than 2x3. If you are open to something maybe the size of a hand, or at least a palm, you'll have better luck and I think that is still small enough to hide from corporate America.

If you have your heart set on your exact idea there's nothing wrong with doing it. But the way I described above is how most of us would go about this.
SOLID ADVICE! I'm super unimaginative (so all I could come up with was numbers and a bird lol), great idea and good looking out, I think i'll do just that. Thanks D!
Old 29-09-2016, 07:06 PM   #5
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
There are only two artists on the Brag Art List app that are located in Minnesota.
Click their name to see their instagram:
Scotty Munster
Megan Hoogland
You're the bestest! Thanks again!
Old 29-09-2016, 08:37 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashmahal77 View Post
Hey! 2 questions.

1. Does anyone get a pop up saying there's an app collecting information when downloading the brag art list app? I have an old phone I use solely for apps. I've since deleted all of them except for Pandora, spotify, and a local radio app. with that being said- can someone just shoot me a quick screen shot of artists in the Minneapolis, mn area. Thanks in advance!

2. Tattoo Advice- My Grandma (who raised me) passed away a couple years back. My uncle and I spread her ashes a couple weeks ago. I screen shot the long/lat . I want to get the location tattooed on me with a sitting pink flamingo- that was her thing (but not large maybe a 2x3" area- I work in corporate America). long/lat going straight thru the flamingo? flamingo on top/bottom of long/lat? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE! Anyone know how that works if I get the flamingo and overlaying numbers. Would that be 2 sessions - waiting for flamingo to heal and then go in for the numbers?
Sorry mate about the app, it's just spam adverts. I'm currently trying to get a new app rebuilt as we speak but it's hard to find good developers and not knowing a thing about the app industry, I got fucked over by the first developers, on to the next lol
Old 29-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #7
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
Sorry mate about the app, it's just spam adverts. I'm currently trying to get a new app rebuilt as we speak but it's hard to find good developers and not knowing a thing about the app industry, I got fucked over by the first developers, on to the next lol
no big deal. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it. I didn't clarify in the first post, but I'm actually unsure if it was that particular app (braggart list) that was the culprit. I just went ahead and deleted a lot of the apps because I wasn't sure which one was doing it.

on another note, Scott Munster declined

excerpt from email: ""This might be a little too serious of a tattoo to have me do it. I stay real busy with the goofy stuff you see on my page(if you checked it out), so I pretty much stick to what I'm known for""

edited to add: he goes on to say use instagram to find tattoist's in my area blah blah blah. I don't know how to use instagram. do I just look up #tattooartist? how do I filter to my area?

Last edited by tashmahal77; 29-09-2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: add more.
Old 29-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #8
Chat Slut

Doing a quick browse:

https://www.facebook.com/Beloved-Stu...4840464215550/
NakiTattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2016, 10:54 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashmahal77 View Post
no big deal. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it. I didn't clarify in the first post, but I'm actually unsure if it was that particular app (braggart list) that was the culprit. I just went ahead and deleted a lot of the apps because I wasn't sure which one was doing it.

on another note, Scott Munster declined

excerpt from email: ""This might be a little too serious of a tattoo to have me do it. I stay real busy with the goofy stuff you see on my page(if you checked it out), so I pretty much stick to what I'm known for""

edited to add: he goes on to say use instagram to find tattoist's in my area blah blah blah. I don't know how to use instagram. do I just look up #tattooartist? how do I filter to my area?
Take a look at @thebragartlist
Old 30-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #10
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
Take a look at @thebragartlist
did you see there is another similar one. "tattoo map"?
even has a similar logo
bigto88 is offline   Reply With Quote