Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #11
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provocajade View Post
So this is my first tattoo!

Sent an email to Vic Vivid and got a reply back from their shop manager Nick right away and arranged a consultation to see if this might be a project for him and for me to check the place out. Vic's new shop, Basilica tattoo, is beautiful, clean, and has a nice vibe about it. I let felt right so I booked right away. He books at least 6 months out so I waited a while.

In case you aren't familiar with his work: Vic Vivid IG

Day of we spent the day looking through plant pictures and picked 3 to start off my sleeve. We opted to color outline the whole thing so that the photo realism stays crisp and that each following session would go faster. I almost didn't go this route and did section by section.

It's not much yet, til the magic shading happens but I'm on my way!

Inspiration pics.

Stencil to outline

Video on my Instagram

Unfortunately my next appointment (if there isn't a cancellation) is not til June, July and August because I'm a ding dong and didn't think about just booking a bunch until he was already full up on the days I can go.

But I'm so damn excited now that the initial jitters are over with and I know getting tatttoed is something I can handle. My friends really fucked with me in that it will be the worst and I think that is partially why I hesitated committing to the whole outline and booking up sessions. One friend said it was as if someone takes a little razor blade to make a bunch of tiny cuts, like perpetual papercuts. That is fucking horrifying! My mom even told me I'd probably wuss out and finish a small piece because she threw up doing her back.

I've wanted tattoos for 12 years and waited. This might sound super cheese balls but this makes me feel more "me". I felt a sense of relief in a way that this is something I "needed" and finally making it happen.

Hopefully I'll be able to grab a cancellation and update sooner than June!

Looks great I love Cactus flowers a lot of people don't realize how beautiful their blooms are. I just don't like how fast their gone .
Awesome Piece
containerman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #12
Chat Virgin

Quote:
I've wanted tattoos for 12 years and waited. This might sound super cheese balls but this makes me feel more "me". I felt a sense of relief in a way that this is something I "needed" and finally making it happen.
I can totally relate to that, because it is the same for me. I was planning to get tattooed since 15 years. I finally started a sleeve back in april, and I feel the same what you described. However, I'm anxious as well, because having planned it for a very long time, I want it to be "perfect" but I'm happy as of now, I have 1 or max. 2 more sessions to go
werna4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 10:06 PM   #13
Chatter Box

Quote:
Long time no update! Good news is there's a few sessions booked up so there's gonna be progress.

Here's last night's work!

Spines are just mapped and still need color. Will finish next session and the other bloom of this plant.

I'm just so happy to finally have something "tangible" to see this vision. I'm so fucking pumped. It's all saniderm wrapped now.

Sweet
containerman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 11:46 AM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

Haha I thought you were using succulent as an adjective, it does look it, so good so far!
SenorChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:45 AM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

It's amazing! Can't wait to see the progress!
Old 03-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #16
Rambler

Such a cool idea. It's looking great!
NexivRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
Rambler

So I haven't posted in a while! There's been 3 sessions since the last time I posted progress so I'll post what's happened so far.

So we finished the gymnocalycium bloom and spikes in July.
IG Video of gymnocalycium/

Sorry for crappy pic, I thought I took pics but didn't apparently.

Then we did an aloe melanacantha in August. At this point the bottom section is about 6 weeks old.
Vic's IG Video of aloe

Aloe the day after.

Then yesterday's efforts started the echinopsis blooms! We skipped the body for now as I had a allergy to a medical tape I used for holding the plastic wrap which caused some little bumps and hyperpigmentation.

Vic's pic from last night. You can see our progress so far and at this point both tattoos below are healed. Aloe is 1 month old and the cactus and blooms are almost 3 months old. They're healing really great and vibrant, we're not needing much retouching but Vic always goes back and checks his work before we move to another section. He saturated that black in, it's as dark as dark can get.

Pics from this morning before Saniderm.

Look at the petals striations. So freaking awesome. The other bloom the small details stayed but softened in a beautiful gradient so Im excited for this to settle in.

And I tattoo geeked out this morning seeing Dmitriy Samohin iked the IG post from last night. My friends and family don't get it.

Next session is in October! I'm definitely going to get my friends who do photography to take professional pics once this panel is done and then take some after each section is tackled because my pics don't do it justice.

Last edited by Provocajade; 06-09-2017 at 11:30 PM.
Provocajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #18
Jedi Chat Master

Must have missed this. Looks great
Old 07-09-2017, 12:19 AM   #19
Chat Slut

Wicked sleeve, that looks rad
Old 07-09-2017, 12:20 AM   #20
Jedi Chat Master

This is awesome, such clean work. Looking forward to seeing this finished ))