Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-02-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Tribal with roses sleeve?

Hi all!

Hopefully I can get some help on here. I currently have a half sleeve tribal which I want to extend into a full sleeve with roses and other styles. Hopefully the attachments have worked and you can see what I mean. I had a local tattooist draw up something.

Anyway the point being if I've not seen anything like this before and I've looked everywhere on the internet for a similar sleeve idea.

Has anyone seen anything g like this as I'd like to see something similar to see if it will look right or not. My main thing is I want the sleeve to look like a whole sleeve and not just random tattoos added Into a sleeve.

Thanks Guys and Girls!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tribal with roses sleeve?-screenshot_2017-02-08-13-30-00.png   Tribal with roses sleeve?-screenshot_2017-02-22-23-25-54.jpg  
CSE91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 04:57 AM   #2
Chatter Box

Michael Poulsen from Volbeat has sleeves kind of like that, check him out on google. Tribal up top with all kinds of stuff going on on his forearms and other parts of his arms. Heck, I have an arm kind of like that (upper right arm is tribal, lower part is Japanese though).

Last edited by ab2c4; 23-02-2017 at 05:14 AM.
ab2c4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 05:04 AM   #3
Chatter Box

Michael Poulsen:

Last edited by ab2c4; 23-02-2017 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Michael Poulsen
Old 23-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #4
Chat Slut

I think most people here will agree that it won't ever look like it was designed to be a full sleeve from the beginning, sorry buddy. The only way to do that is to extend the tribal (don't do that), laser the tribal and cover it (a long old process), black out the tribal and have some sort of blackwork sleeve that ties in with the solid black cover-up on your upper arm, or just add to it and accept it won't flow together perfectly. That's my 2 cents anyway
jackf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2017, 06:55 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Thanks for the Info guys. Appreciate all the input. I agree is night not flow the way a full sleeve will. If anyone can possibly show me example pictures that you may of seen it would be much appreciated. For the record the sleeve is going to be all black and grey. No colour. If anyone has seen anything similar if they could post it up you'd be doing me a huge favour.
Old 24-02-2017, 04:15 AM   #6
Chatter Box

I tried looking and couldn't find anything, maybe someone else will. Think of it this way, it could be original (but I doubt it).

You have to remember there aren't definite rules for this kind of thing. The only thing that matters is what you will be happy with. For people who have full sleeves:
1. Started out with an idea, clean canvas, and did it.
2. Got a tattoo, got another, got another, same style or different styles, and ended with a sleeve.
3. Started with one style then finished with another.

I think option one is least likely since how many people plan full sleeves without ever having anything done ever in that space? Sleeves are usually not "my first tattoos" as well. Sure there are people with carefully planned themed and coordinated sleeves or even body suits, but even in the heavily tattooed world I think that is not common.

Last edited by ab2c4; 24-02-2017 at 04:23 AM.
Old 24-02-2017, 08:50 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

Thanks ab2c4. Appreciate your time in helping me. Is there anyone on the site who might draw up my tattoo? (Say from the bicep down and add the extension piece coloured in? I don't know ow if there's anyone on the site who would go to that amount of time for me but worth a shot as I'm really cautious about what I put onto my body unless I'm absolutely positive I'm going to love it. I love the tattoo I've got at the moment even if tribal is "out of fashion".
Old 24-02-2017, 11:38 PM   #8
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSE91 View Post
Thanks ab2c4. Appreciate your time in helping me. Is there anyone on the site who might draw up my tattoo? (Say from the bicep down and add the extension piece coloured in? I don't know ow if there's anyone on the site who would go to that amount of time for me but worth a shot as I'm really cautious about what I put onto my body unless I'm absolutely positive I'm going to love it. I love the tattoo I've got at the moment even if tribal is "out of fashion".
No one here is gonna draw for you man, that's what the artist's for. Step 1 is find an artist, step 2 is tell him everything you're telling us.
winston83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 12:36 AM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

And even if someone here would draw the design for you, you don't want the artist who agrees to tattoo someone else's drawing.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 04:46 AM   #10
Chatter Box

I went through I think what you are going through before I got my first sleeve done. I obsessed about it, looked online for months at pics, even after I had my first session booked. What I can tell you after it's all done if you do it.......trust the artist and his ideas. I am not an artsy guy so I really appreciated his input during the process. So much so that after a discussion we went right into finishing my other arm.