Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Opinion asked on the linework of a tattoo please

Hello all!

Thanks for reading this

About one year ago I got a tattoo. It's quite small and simple but I have the feeling something is off about the linework. Is it my imagination or does the lines seem a bit blurry on certain places?
I'm not too happy about it anymore and I'm thinking about a cover up for it. I'm just afraid that the lines of my cover up will be a bit dodgy as well...
Sorry for the weird explanation but I hope you get an idea of what I mean.

Here are some pictures of my tattoo when I first got it (first pic) and how it is now (second pic).

Thanks for your comments!
Attached Thumbnails
Opinion asked on the linework of a tattoo please-img_20170217_182814.jpg   Opinion asked on the linework of a tattoo please-img_20170310_160744-1.jpg  
Dlphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Yeah, the lines are pretty bad and there is blowout. But it should be pretty easy to cover since it looks small. It'll be even easier if you get some laser first.

The most important thing is to find a really talented artist next time. Mediocre artists do mediocre tattoos.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Yup, bad linework

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Ditto!
Old 03-04-2017, 07:24 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Thank you for your replies so far!
I have found a talented tattoo artist now, I've seen a lot of his work and it looks great. The shop where I got this one done kind of "pushed" me to an artist they work with, he's a beginner and I was too wimpy to say no...Lesson learned!
Old 04-04-2017, 04:02 PM   #6
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlphine View Post
Thank you for your replies so far!
I have found a talented tattoo artist now, I've seen a lot of his work and it looks great. The shop where I got this one done kind of "pushed" me to an artist they work with, he's a beginner and I was too wimpy to say no...Lesson learned!
Who's the new artist you picked!?
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Who's the new artist you picked!?
It's a shop in Belgium (since I live there), it's Zdenek from a shop called Mundus.
Though my sister lives in the UK and we visit a few times. So of you know a good artist (I prefer black & grey) who has a shop in or near Coventry, feel free to let me know!
Old 05-04-2017, 05:05 PM   #8
Chat Slut

Quote:
It's a shop in Belgium (since I live there), it's Zdenek from a shop called Mundus.
Though my sister lives in the UK and we visit a few times. So of you know a good artist (I prefer black & grey) who has a shop in or near Coventry, feel free to let me know!
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...4294.&refid=13
This is his FB right ? Deff decent tattoo artist better than your last, but IMO I wouldn't go to this shop. Some of the best artist in the world are in the U.K. lol I would totally just go there and get something done form a rly good artist.
Depends what you want tho ? What kind of tattoo?
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:48 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Meehow

Aron Cowles

John Anderton

Dean Taylor

Thomas pollard
BASSCUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:10 AM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Go to Emody Ink near Ghent It's run by a collector. I have been there and it's a lovely shop with some great artists guest there all the time

https://www.instagram.com/embody_ink/