Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #11
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
Yeah, good luck with that. They're talking shit about a Robert Hernandez tattoo over in another thread so literally no one is safe at this point. We've become such big tattoo snobs that there are no artists left who are talented enough to tattoo us!
Yea agree, I'm OCD over here. If you get work done from him using your design I think you'll be in good hands. He's better than the best artist where I am from. So yes i think he will do a good job. I just wouldn't want work from him imo. That's all I'm saying. The fact you did research before getting this tattoo shows you are way ahead than most ppl you come In contact with ink.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #12
Chat Slut

[QUOTE=NexivRed;831648]He's 175 for a three hour session. Obviously I'm aware he's not near the top of the scale regarding talent, but unless I'm massively missing something by looking at his healed work, it's not going to be a disaster.

I can understand if there are good artists missing because it's a work in progress. But if it's meant to be a guide as to who to go to for a solid tattoo, why are artists that won't deliver this on there? Why have they been added? Should be not be on there?[/QUOTE/]...

After reading your post, and the fact he's only 60 a hour. Go with him !!

Last edited by Rizzo; 23-05-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 23-05-2017, 05:52 PM   #13
Jedi Chat Master

You think you can find her someone better for 60 an hour?

She's a disabled single mom. Money is a factor. This guy does better work than 90% of the tattoos I see walking down the street on a daily basis.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 07:18 PM   #14
Chat Slut

Quote:
You think you can find her someone better for 60 an hour?

She's a disabled single mom. Money is a factor. This guy does better work than 90% of the tattoos I see walking down the street on a daily basis.
Only 60 an hour ?! Sorry didn't read that part. Enough said agree
Old 23-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #15
Chat Slut

Quote:
Yeah, good luck with that. They're talking shit about a Robert Hernandez tattoo over in another thread so literally no one is safe at this point. We've become such big tattoo snobs that there are no artists left who are talented enough to tattoo us!
Show me this thread ....
Old 23-05-2017, 08:30 PM   #16
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Show me this thread ....
Link

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #17
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexivRed View Post
He's 175 for a three hour session. Obviously I'm aware he's not near the top of the scale regarding talent, but unless I'm massively missing something by looking at his healed work, it's not going to be a disaster.

I can understand if there are good artists missing because it's a work in progress. But if it's meant to be a guide as to who to go to for a solid tattoo, why are artists that won't deliver this on there? Why have they been added? Should be not be on there?
He is a solid local artist, you won't end up with a bad tattoo. Not everyone wants or has the circumstances that allow for world class. I'm glad you have found someone you can trust with your design and is happy to work with you on it. Good luck for your first long awaited tattoo, it's exciting isn't it
Old 24-05-2017, 04:37 AM   #18
Chat Slut

Quote:
Lmao
Oh yea I read this haha
Old 24-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #19
Jedi Chat Master

I think for what you want you've chosen a fantastic tattoo artist. Would I let him do a huge detailed portrait of someone? No. But would I let him do a rose? Of course! He is very skilled. His portraits aren't 100% but that doesn't matter. He is great at what you need him for.
Chickabiddybex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #20
Rambler

Thanks for your messages guys. I was getting a bit worried!

No, you're right. I wouldn't choose him for a portrait either; I'd set a much higher budget for a portrait! It'd be great if I could afford to head over to the States for the best rose ever, but I can't.
I did actually approach Lianne in Chelmsford a couple of years ago when I decided I wanted it rose based, but at that point she was 140 an hour so lord knows what she'd be now.

I know there are probably a number of tattooist near me who might be a bit better than him for not a lot more money, but it wasn't just money that was important to me. I wanted someone who was interested in executing my specific design, and what really sold him to me were the quality of his roses and the fact he was specifically requesting more, especially "stylised" roses.

Add to that I was very happy with how he did the chameleon (I looked at a LOT of chameleon tattoos to try and decide how I wanted that petal to look), and I'm confident it will turn out looking nice.
Obviously there are some fantastic artists tattooing complicated reptile designs, but they tend to be quite large tattoos to be able to capture the level of detail. So the fact he's had experience doing this sort of size/ detail balance before is a big plus point for me. I believe I'm in possibly the best hands for my budget, and I'm glad a lot of you agree

I realised the other day that I'm being tattooed the day after the general election! It's going to be very hard to go to bed that night, but I know I've gotta get good sleep.
I've also got a drifting day planned with my dad to be booked that month. Do you think I'm gonna be able to wrestle a steering wheel okay a couple of weeks after? Or am I insane lol.
NexivRed is offline   Reply With Quote