Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Sleeve in progress, 2 more sessions to go...

Hi all,

I started a sleeve back in april, now one or two more sessions are left, can't wait to finally be completed. The concept is about the struggles within ourselves, the good and positive thoughts, the urge to constantly develop ourselves (japanese wise man and the angel on the lower arm, statue of the self made men on the upper arm ) vs. going the easier way, obey the inner demons (Nergal from Behemoth on the lower arm, Lucifer on the upper arm)
A sun clock will complete the design on the shoulder, and a raven will go on the inner arm.

What do you think about the concept, what do you think about the looks? BTW. don't you think it is healing to light, or being a black-grey realistic piece is this how it should look?

Thanks,
Attila
Attached Thumbnails
Sleeve in progress, 2 more sessions to go...-tattoo-1.jpg   Sleeve in progress, 2 more sessions to go...-tattoo-2.jpg   Sleeve in progress, 2 more sessions to go...-tattoo-3.jpg  
werna4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
Chatter Box

Ya it looks a little light. Also kind of hard to read. Not sure if it's the pictures though. Who's the artist?
winston83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 06:32 AM   #3
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston83 View Post
Ya it looks a little light. Also kind of hard to read. Not sure if it's the pictures though. Who's the artist?
I feel it a little light as well, but actually I don't know anymore.. in some light conditions it looks dark and sharp, but yes, the quality of the pictures aren't that great neither (taken by phone)... maybe the last pic of the lower arm is the most accurate in terms of how it looks in real life. The artist is Krisztina Várnai: https://www.facebook.com/pg/DARKARTT...51257054297836

You said it's hard to read, can it be due to the concept being to busy or some issues with the design? I wanted a really great piece, that's why I went to the best studio in Budapest, Hungary (Dark Art Tattoo) which has quite famous and talented artists -just as Krisztina- even internationally, and for example the owner, Zsolt Sárközi. So what do you think, can the end result be still great, or does it seem to turn out to be something mediocre?
Old 30-06-2017, 08:51 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Looks great. Yes could be a bit darker but a lot of Black n Grey artists have light work once healed.
BASSCUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 09:20 AM   #5
Chat Slut

The first two photos do the piece no favours as they are shockingly bad cameraphone pics!

To me the piece looks great. You can see the quality on the third pic so if the rest of the sleeve is similar then you have no worries.

To be honest I think with all the focus on the top 0.5% of artists that you get on this forum one can sometimes be overly critical of a piece which is still better than 95% of the tattoos out there.
TheRevJimJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevJimJones View Post
The first two photos do the piece no favours as they are shockingly bad cameraphone pics!

To me the piece looks great. You can see the quality on the third pic so if the rest of the sleeve is similar then you have no worries.

To be honest I think with all the focus on the top 0.5% of artists that you get on this forum one can sometimes be overly critical of a piece which is still better than 95% of the tattoos out there.
Agreed

Looks cool mate

Looks light yes but the artist should know this and touch it up where needed
Old 30-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

Thanks everyone for the answers. All in all I'm happy with the tattoo. The artist told anyway, that there are some missing details and I trust her that the end result will be just as great as her other works. To be honest, the main issue is probably that this is my first tattoo, I've planned to start getting tattooed since 15 years, and I want it to be as good as possible, I don't care how much sessions, money and time it takes. This is something very important to me. So yeah, thank you again, I much appreciate your answers
Old 30-06-2017, 01:29 PM   #8
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRevJimJones View Post

Thank you, I totally agree. I regularly go to the gym, where I always see a lot of tattoos, and maybe 1 out of 30 is something when I say "Ok, that looks great". I don't judge anyone based on what he or she has tattooed on their body, it's obviously their choice and it's totally ok like that, but fact is that the vast majority of tattoos out there is not really good...
Old 30-06-2017, 10:19 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by werna4 View Post
I feel it a little light as well, but actually I don't know anymore.. in some light conditions it looks dark and sharp, but yes, the quality of the pictures aren't that great neither (taken by phone)... maybe the last pic of the lower arm is the most accurate in terms of how it looks in real life. The artist is Krisztina Várnai: https://www.facebook.com/pg/DARKARTT...51257054297836

You said it's hard to read, can it be due to the concept being to busy or some issues with the design? I wanted a really great piece, that's why I went to the best studio in Budapest, Hungary (Dark Art Tattoo) which has quite famous and talented artists -just as Krisztina- even internationally, and for example the owner, Zsolt Sárközi. So what do you think, can the end result be still great, or does it seem to turn out to be something mediocre?
I like the tattoo, however I'd have to say Rooklet Ink (Robert Borbas' shop) is the best shop in Budapest, and for the record one of my favourite cities in Europe )))
Old 30-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

looks great. the fact that he got 2 faces in an inner forearm is impressive

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote