Old 25-07-2017, 11:34 AM   #1
Jedi Chat Master

Default Saniderm good or not?

I was advised by Jak Connolly to leave the initial Saniderm on for 3-4 days he even said can leave it on for up to 5-6.

I have never used the "wet heal method" before so this makes me slightly nervous. Normally leave it wrapped then take cling film off the following day and apply bepanthem and let it air-dry naturally.

Just wondering if anyone has experiences of Saniderm and wet-healing in general as opposed to dry heal.

Saniderm info below for anyone that not sure what it is

Tattoo Aftercare, Tattoo Healing with Tattoo Bandages
BASSCUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #2
Rambler

I can't give you a detailed answer, as i've never tried it but! it does look beneficial & from what i've read and heard nothing but positive reviews.. please post about your experience here as i was looking into trying this as well.
unknownmindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

I like it. The artist puts it on and I leave it on for thee days. Makes those first three days pretty carefree. When I take it off, I just start following the normal dry healing process after that.

Some people will tell you that they need to change it the next morning after the tattoo and then leave it on for three days. They change it because the tattoo oozes too much and it doesn't stick I think. I don't have that problem.

Other people will talk about some marks the saniderm leaves on their skin, right where the edge of the derm was. It looks like a scar but from what I hear it goes away within a few months. I don't have this problem either so I guess I'm lucky.

Bottom line: If I had to do without it I wouldn't be broken-hearted because dry healing works well for me but I have had success with Tegaderm and I like it. There's nothing to be nervous about. It's worth giving a shot. You might really like it. But even if you don't, its not going to cause you any problems.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

Last edited by DGreenwood; 25-07-2017 at 02:31 PM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Read this linked thread below if you want more info on Saniderm/Tegaderm (it's pretty much the same thing). I linked to five other threads in that thread. I'm trying to create a message board wormhole so I get excited every time this topic comes up.
Link to the dermy goodness.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

Last edited by DGreenwood; 25-07-2017 at 02:35 PM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 02:32 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I like it. The artist puts it on and I leave it on for thee days. Makes those first three days pretty carefree. When I take it off, I just start following the normal dry healing process after that.

Some people will tell you that they need to change it the next morning after the tattoo and then leave it on for three days. They change it because the tattoo oozes too much and it doesn't stick I think. I don't have that problem.

Other people will talk about some marks the saniderm leaves on their skin, right where the edge of the derm was. It looks like a scar but from what I hear it goes away within a few months. I don't have this problem either so I guess I'm lucky.

Bottom line: If I had to do without it I wouldn't be broken-hearted because dry healing works well for me but I have had success with Tegaderm and I like it. There's nothing to be nervous about. It's worth giving a shot. You might really like it. But even if you don't, its not going to cause you any problems.
Cheers buddy. WIll give it a shot.

Reading through https://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/fo...rocess/?page=5 which seems quite helpful and informative.
Old 25-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #6
Chat Slut

I like it a lot. However, after day one, it always leaks, so I go back and my artist puts on new stuff. That lasts two or three days. Work heals beautifully with this method.

Removal can be a bit of bastard, so be careful. I've left big welts on my leg from removing it. The welts heal, but they hurt for a few days.

Last edited by oboogie; 25-07-2017 at 03:01 PM.
oboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 02:49 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

For sure I need to change after the first 24 hours then it's great firn3-5 days as long as it's in a part of the body that does not move a lot. But sausage told me how to avoid the edges rolling up so will give it a go with my next tattoo next week ))
Old 25-07-2017, 02:52 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

How you mean avoid the edges rolling up?

you mean when you go to remove it? or just in general?
Old 25-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #9
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSCUBE View Post

I think he means in general. They rub against clothes and the sheets and bed and stuff and roll up.
oboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSCUBE View Post

In general mate. I had front of thigh done in Barcelona by westin. Applied the dermalize pro as normal. The next day walking round the city, and let's say some 'activities' in the evening, where the dermalize was just above the top of my name and was moving all day, it kept rolling up and exposing the bottom of tattoo. 90% of the tattoo was still covered, but I don't want certain parts healing differently to the rest.

Maybe I should have extended the dermalize all the way over the knee to stop this happening. Who knows.