Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #11
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSCUBE View Post
How you mean avoid the edges rolling up?

you mean when you go to remove it? or just in general?
Bam!

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

I generally leave my Saniderm on for 5 days straight. A lot of people like to put it on for a day, clean it up, and reapply but that sort of defeats the purpose of Saniderm. It's so convenient to use, but I may stop as I got another gnarly scar from using it on inner thigh for my latest session. Though I didn't get any scars from it on my calf.

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 08:53 PM   #13
Chatter Box

For what it's worth! I used it on my first tattoo and it's healed great! Put on after the session then taken off, re-applied and left for 4 days! I did however get a reaction which lasted a couple of weeks after taking the second lot off!

I've recently had my under bi-cep done and used the same method because of working in an office and not being able to just escape and wash, dry, apply bel etc! Again! Healed great but had to live with the rash for a while! Maybe that's just me though! Ideally I would always just stick to washing and beep until first peel
Number10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number10 View Post
For what it's worth! I used it on my first tattoo and it's healed great! Put on after the session then taken off, re-applied and left for 4 days! I did however get a reaction which lasted a couple of weeks after taking the second lot off!

I've recently had my under bi-cep done and used the same method because of working in an office and not being able to just escape and wash, dry, apply bel etc! Again! Healed great but had to live with the rash for a while! Maybe that's just me though! Ideally I would always just stick to washing and beep until first peel
I don't have anything to add about Saniderm but I just want to say I love your enthusiasm Number 10! I just read 3 or 4 of your posts, and your liberal use of exclamation points really has me fired up. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I was about to slip into one of those post-lunch doldrums but now I'm ready to attack the rest of the day with newfound vigor!

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 09:48 PM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreenwood View Post
i don't have anything to add about saniderm but i just want to say i love your enthusiasm number 10! I just read 3 or 4 of your posts, and your liberal use of exclamation points really has me fired up. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I was about to slip into one of those post-lunch doldrums but now i'm ready to attack the rest of the day with newfound vigor!
pmsl
BASSCUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #16
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I don't have anything to add about Saniderm but I just want to say I love your enthusiasm Number 10! I just read 3 or 4 of your posts, and your liberal use of exclamation points really has me fired up. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I was about to slip into one of those post-lunch doldrums but now I'm ready to attack the rest of the day with newfound vigor!
Happy!! To!! Help!!!enjoy your day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Number10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 10:35 PM   #17
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post

Old 26-07-2017, 12:11 PM   #18
Jedi Chat Master

Interesting read. Seems there is actually some science behind it lol.

Transparent Film Dressings - WoundEducators.com
BASSCUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 12:32 AM   #19
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSCUBE View Post
Interesting read. Seems there is actually some science behind it lol.

Transparent Film Dressings - WoundEducators.com
Yup. The plasma pooling is actually beneficial for the heal, which is why I generally don't remove the Saniderm the next day and clean like a lot of people do. I leave it on from the beginning until 5 days.

Old 27-07-2017, 07:14 AM   #20
Chatter Box

It's not black and white like that. If there's literally pools of plasma under the dressing, you really should exchange it the following day.

One thing to keep in mind is that I wouldn't use this if you've got another session the following day as your skin can react at the edges so if you need to tattoo that area the following day you won't be able to.
nisser is offline   Reply With Quote