Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #11
Jedi Chat Master
 
DGreenwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSCUBE View Post
How you mean avoid the edges rolling up?

you mean when you go to remove it? or just in general?
Bam!
__________________
Instagram: greeniedavewood

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master
 
ThrobbingSausage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,031
Default

I generally leave my Saniderm on for 5 days straight. A lot of people like to put it on for a day, clean it up, and reapply but that sort of defeats the purpose of Saniderm. It's so convenient to use, but I may stop as I got another gnarly scar from using it on inner thigh for my latest session. Though I didn't get any scars from it on my calf.
__________________
instagram: jookiest

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 08:53 PM   #13
Chatter Box
 
Number10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 104
Default

For what it's worth! I used it on my first tattoo and it's healed great! Put on after the session then taken off, re-applied and left for 4 days! I did however get a reaction which lasted a couple of weeks after taking the second lot off!

I've recently had my under bi-cep done and used the same method because of working in an office and not being able to just escape and wash, dry, apply bel etc! Again! Healed great but had to live with the rash for a while! Maybe that's just me though! Ideally I would always just stick to washing and beep until first peel
Number10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master
 
DGreenwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number10 View Post
For what it's worth! I used it on my first tattoo and it's healed great! Put on after the session then taken off, re-applied and left for 4 days! I did however get a reaction which lasted a couple of weeks after taking the second lot off!

I've recently had my under bi-cep done and used the same method because of working in an office and not being able to just escape and wash, dry, apply bel etc! Again! Healed great but had to live with the rash for a while! Maybe that's just me though! Ideally I would always just stick to washing and beep until first peel
I don't have anything to add about Saniderm but I just want to say I love your enthusiasm Number 10! I just read 3 or 4 of your posts, and your liberal use of exclamation points really has me fired up. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I was about to slip into one of those post-lunch doldrums but now I'm ready to attack the rest of the day with newfound vigor!
__________________
Instagram: greeniedavewood

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 09:48 PM   #15
Jedi Chat Master
 
BASSCUBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,027
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreenwood View Post
i don't have anything to add about saniderm but i just want to say i love your enthusiasm number 10! I just read 3 or 4 of your posts, and your liberal use of exclamation points really has me fired up. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I was about to slip into one of those post-lunch doldrums but now i'm ready to attack the rest of the day with newfound vigor!
pmsl
BASSCUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #16
Chatter Box
 
Number10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I don't have anything to add about Saniderm but I just want to say I love your enthusiasm Number 10! I just read 3 or 4 of your posts, and your liberal use of exclamation points really has me fired up. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I was about to slip into one of those post-lunch doldrums but now I'm ready to attack the rest of the day with newfound vigor!
Happy!! To!! Help!!!enjoy your day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Number10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 10:35 PM   #17
Jedi Chat Master
 
ThrobbingSausage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I don't have anything to add about Saniderm but I just want to say I love your enthusiasm Number 10! I just read 3 or 4 of your posts, and your liberal use of exclamation points really has me fired up. And it couldn't have come at a better time. I was about to slip into one of those post-lunch doldrums but now I'm ready to attack the rest of the day with newfound vigor!
__________________
instagram: jookiest

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 12:11 PM   #18
Jedi Chat Master
 
BASSCUBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,027
Default

Interesting read. Seems there is actually some science behind it lol.

Transparent Film Dressings - WoundEducators.com
BASSCUBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 12:32 AM   #19
Jedi Chat Master
 
ThrobbingSausage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSCUBE View Post
Interesting read. Seems there is actually some science behind it lol.

Transparent Film Dressings - WoundEducators.com
Yup. The plasma pooling is actually beneficial for the heal, which is why I generally don't remove the Saniderm the next day and clean like a lot of people do. I leave it on from the beginning until 5 days.
__________________
instagram: jookiest

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 07:14 AM   #20
Chatter Box
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 111
Default

It's not black and white like that. If there's literally pools of plasma under the dressing, you really should exchange it the following day.

One thing to keep in mind is that I wouldn't use this if you've got another session the following day as your skin can react at the edges so if you need to tattoo that area the following day you won't be able to.
nisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My first tattoo, is the artist any good? TheaEmily Tattoo Talk 8 31-03-2014 05:57 PM
Spotting the good stuff Otis James Tattoo Talk 22 10-01-2014 09:05 PM
Good apprentice advice. robertfreeth Apprenticeships/Advice/New to Tattooing... 2 20-10-2013 03:44 PM
Looking for a good tattooist in Devon Adam123 Tattoo Talk 6 13-10-2010 12:27 AM
The good form, awfully polite and terribly good manners thread Burlington Bertie Chit Chat 65 11-07-2007 08:08 AM


SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.