Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
We Are Not Worthy

Default A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?

So I know this is a bit of a generic question, but interested in the opinions of the collectors on here.

So as some of you know I have one full sleeve by Arran Burton and then the rest of my tattoos on legs and other arm are a mix of different artists and styles, some colour, some B&G. I'm almost like a tattooist's scrapbook lol.

So it's coming to the point where I need to start using the larger areas such as back, front panel and rib areas.

For a long time I always thought I wanted a single artist to work on say a full back piece or full front panel. I'm loving the back pieces that Tony Hu is turning out, and also guys like Ricardo Cassese and Ezequiel Samurai to name a few.

The problem is that there are maybe 15-20 or more artists that I definitely want work from. 🤦🏼**♂️🤦🏼**♂️

So I'm at the point where I need to choose, continue to "collect" individual pieces from great artists, or go for some large scale work from a handful of awesome artists.

Such first world problems to have I know! Interested in the different views on this forum...
Old 25-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Well obviously it's up to you.

I personally love a back piece done in 1 style done by 1 artist (or a collaboration) such as the Jak Connolly, Sam Barber etc.

Different pieces don't look too bad everywhere else like ribs and even front panel.
BASSCUBE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Good question. I really prefer large scale work to a bunch of smaller individual pieces. But I understand your dilemma with so many awesome artists out there. But lucky for you there is a solution. Collaborations. This is a little harder to coordinate but if you can identify a couple of artists who really want to work together and give them that opportunity you can end up with something really unique and special.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

"Plenty of super talented artists who don't have the technique to make their ink hold or last". -ThrobbingSausage
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
Good question. I really prefer large scale work to a bunch of smaller individual pieces. But I understand your dilemma with so many awesome artists out there. But lucky for you there is a solution. Collaborations. This is a little harder to coordinate but if you can identify a couple of artists who really want to work together and give them that opportunity you can end up with something really unique and special.
BOOM!!!

BASSCUBE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #5
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karka View Post
So I know this is a bit of a generic question, but interested in the opinions of the collectors on here.

So as some of you know I have one full sleeve by Arran Burton and then the rest of my tattoos on legs and other arm are a mix of different artists and styles, some colour, some B&G. I'm almost like a tattooist's scrapbook lol.

So it's coming to the point where I need to start using the larger areas such as back, front panel and rib areas.

For a long time I always thought I wanted a single artist to work on say a full back piece or full front panel. I'm loving the back pieces that Tony Hu is turning out, and also guys like Ricardo Cassese and Ezequiel Samurai to name a few.

The problem is that there are maybe 15-20 or more artists that I definitely want work from. 🤦🏼**♂️🤦🏼**♂️

So I'm at the point where I need to choose, continue to "collect" individual pieces from great artists, or go for some large scale work from a handful of awesome artists.

Such first world problems to have I know! Interested in the different views on this forum...
I am completely in the same boat as you. My limbs are covered in random styles to say the least!

I am pretty much left with my back, ribs and stomach but have about 20 different artists that I still want.

I've always preferred a full back piece by one artist or if you could get a collab like Pancho/Tofi did or even the Rat Pack that would be ideal!
lwlssptrck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #6
We Are Not Worthy

So yeah I think the back piece I'll save for a one hit piece or collaboration, but continue the mix of artists on the other areas.

The real reason for asking is that I've had a good opportunity for an artist I really like at the London convention, but can't do anywhere on the leg due to lack of beds etc, so he was asking if the back was free. I guess patience is important and if I want this artist, I can travel to Europe for a piece no problem.

On a brighter note I have my consultation with TDan tomorrow. Probably go for something on the ribs 😬
Old 25-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #7
Rambler

Can you share some pics of your collection?
burnthesehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 08:47 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

I love large scale work and love so many artists and different style. So I did a little of both. Wish I had more arms and a few more legs though...

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #9
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnthesehills View Post
Can you share some pics of your collection?
Sure - Apologies, some of the pics are quite poor.

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0121.jpg

David Jorquera & Mr Dist collab

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0122.jpg

Phil Wilkinson

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0123.jpg

Carl Grace

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0124.jpg

Justin Burnout

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0125.jpg

Cover up by Alan Aldred

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0126.jpg

Isnard Barbosa

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0127.jpg

Arran Burton

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0136.jpg
A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0129.jpg

Luke Palan

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0130.jpg

Jason Butcher - One more pass to finish

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0131.jpg

Gary mossman

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0132.jpg

Jay Marceau

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0133.jpg

Nicklas Westin

A dilemma for all tattoo "collectors"?-img_0134.jpg

Ash Lewis

Last edited by Karka; 25-07-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Karka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 10:58 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Quite the scrapbook you got there!

I've got Tony Hu booked up for a chest piece, probably get different artists for ribs.
SenorChang is offline   Reply With Quote