Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2017, 06:29 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Question about full sleeve session+season

Hi all, I am planning/booked for my first full sleeve session by a very reputable artist in S. Korea named Coldgraytattoo (inst account) who specializes in black and grey realism.

When I went in for one of my consults, he asked me if he can start working on me as soon as possible because he is moving out to North America by the end of this year (came up out of the blue), essentially leaving me with 3-maybe 4 months to complete a full sleeve. He did however say that if required, he will post pone leaving until early next year if his work on me has not been completed (just what he said, nothing set in stone)

He has shown me several designs (greek statue/art with fused background etc), but I fully trust his work.

What worries me however, is the breakdown of his proposed sessions which will start in September, broken down into Saturday+Sunday this week, Sat+Sun next week, etc, each 4-7 hours, estimated 7-10 total sessions.

My concerns are: 1) September is still very hot and humid in S. Korea, therefore would aftercare and looking after it in between week long session breaks be ok? 2) Would back to back sessions (Sat+Sun) with 1 week in between each week be OK for a full sleeve(in terms of healing, work continuation etc)? 3) Is getting a full sleeve within a time period of 3-4 months with back to back sessions possible/advisable?

All suggestions/recommendations/caution are appreciated, thanks guys.
shbae490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shbae490 View Post
Hi all, I am planning/booked for my first full sleeve session by a very reputable artist in S. Korea named Coldgraytattoo (inst account) who specializes in black and grey realism.

When I went in for one of my consults, he asked me if he can start working on me as soon as possible because he is moving out to North America by the end of this year (came up out of the blue), essentially leaving me with 3-maybe 4 months to complete a full sleeve. He did however say that if required, he will post pone leaving until early next year if his work on me has not been completed (just what he said, nothing set in stone)

He has shown me several designs (greek statue/art with fused background etc), but I fully trust his work.

What worries me however, is the breakdown of his proposed sessions which will start in September, broken down into Saturday+Sunday this week, Sat+Sun next week, etc, each 4-7 hours, estimated 7-10 total sessions.

My concerns are: 1) September is still very hot and humid in S. Korea, therefore would aftercare and looking after it in between week long session breaks be ok?

- it will be a little challenge but manageable, especially if you are ok with wearing a lightweight UPF jacket

2) Would back to back sessions (Sat+Sun) with 1 week in between each week be OK for a full sleeve(in terms of healing, work continuation etc)?

- sure, as long as it is done in sections. A member here did 9 days in a row on his sleeve and it is one of the best sleeves ever.

3) Is getting a full sleeve within a time period of 3-4 months with back to back sessions possible/advisable?

- see above

All suggestions/recommendations/caution are appreciated, thanks guys.
I never heard of your artist before, your artist has solid work. You should he fine. Post updates

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

I did my full sleeve 8 to 11 hours everyday for 8 days back to back, so I basically did my whole sleeve in a week. If your artist knows what hes doing you should be fine, just look after it well while healing,
Old 26-07-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

Linving in on an island where it gets pretty humids most of the year, never had any trouble during the healing process due tu humidity.
Just let the tattoo "breath" so just be carefull with the use of cream.
jade98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 08:58 PM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

I agree with everyone. If you are up for the commitment, there should be no problem. None of the concerns you mentioned should be an issue. Go for it! It'll be fun!

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 12:05 AM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

I live in Singapore where it's summer all year round and also super humid because we are near the equator. Flew to Australia finished my sleeve in 3 days and flew back after. Everything healed up perfectly. I am also in the logistics business where I work under the sun a lot and also in the rain if it happens to rain on the day, tattoo still healed perfectly. Link of my sleeve down below, 0 touch ups. You have nothing to worry about imo as long as you take care of it, it'll be fine.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTogEtuAxrQ/
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 12:42 AM   #7
Chatter Box

His work on IG looks impressive. I would have no issues proceeding as he has suggested. Just follow good aftercare protocol and keep it out of direct sunlight and you should be fine.
burnthesehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 12:43 AM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
I did my full sleeve 8 to 11 hours everyday for 8 days back to back, so I basically did my whole sleeve in a week. If your artist knows what hes doing you should be fine, just look after it well while healing,
Oops I said 9 days. Tee hee.

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 01:38 AM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobbingSausage View Post
Oops I said 9 days. Tee hee.
Well it was actually 6 days on the sleeve but longer hours and 2 days on my thigh pieces which were shorter like 8 hours sittings lol
Old 27-07-2017, 06:46 AM   #10
Need To Get Out More!

lol just do it !