Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Can I have some advice?

First time designing the tattoo myself, it's a memorial thing for my friend who passed away. It's just my base idea but I'd really like some flair or uniqueness to it. Anyone have thoughts?Can I have some advice?-img_1280.jpg
Bigred1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
Mumbler

Ask your tattoo artist.
Elis111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

I don't have one right now
Old 01-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

What about the back of a hockey player skating away from the point of view with the number 17 and Fleetwood on the jersey?

Much more visually appealing IMO.

And find a great artist to pull it off, that's key!
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:04 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman1982 View Post
What about the back of a hockey player skating away from the point of view with the number 17 and Fleetwood on the jersey?

Much more visually appealing IMO.

And find a great artist to pull it off, that's key!
Actually an awesome idea! Only thing is I don't know if I'd be able to get a design that would be accurate enough, I'm kinda picky like that. But I'm thinking maybe instead of a puck, go with your idea and maybe make it a jersey instead?
Old 01-09-2017, 07:19 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

I just think an image of a player would be so much more powerful of a tribute, and more unique. Tribute pieces often have that crest like look with name and date, I think going the player image route would be awesome.

Don't worry about the design, just find an artist whose style you like (B&G realism would be great for this, or colour realism if you wanted to capture the colour of their uniform) and then let them design the piece. Shout out where you are from and maybe someone can suggest a good place to go for a consult.
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:20 AM   #7
Chatter Box

That's a great idea. It would be pretty easy to add your friend's name and number to the image of a hockey player. Skating away down the ice would be perfect and pretty powerful if done right. Reckon you could also go the traditional, neo trad or even new school route with your original design, with the puck or a jersey. What you've got is a good reference picture. You could give that to a decent artist and I'm sure they could design you something.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:39 AM   #8
Chat Virgin

I live in Tampa right now, I know absolutely no artists here. My only tattoo so far was also my own idea but much more simple relatively speaking, and don't back home where my parents live. I want this done right, I don't want it to look 'cartoon-ish' or anything. I actually love the idea, but I think I would only do it if I was absolutely convinced by the design. Thing is, I have no idea how to find an artist good enough to make this for me.

Also, another question, placement? There's some part where I wouldn't want ink, because it would distort (I lost a lot of weight and my skin hasn't caught up yet)
Old 02-09-2017, 03:56 AM   #9
Chatter Box

If you're going for the hockey player you'd probably need a portrait sized space, so in terms of paper you wouldn't want to go smaller than A5 and preferably it would be bigger as you want details like the name and shirt number. So your leg, thigh, or below your knee either side. Arm would work well, at the top or on your forearm. Legs or upper arm would be easier to cover for work if that's in issue. I'm not sure about artists in Florida but I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:48 AM   #10
Chatter Box

Hockey portraits can look pretty nice!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXGjEYan...n-by=q_tattoos
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/75/68...5aebaa435f.jpg
winston83 is offline   Reply With Quote