Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Rambler

Default Skincare and Tattoo Maintenance

I'm big on skincare on my face so naturally that interest has transferred over to taking care of my tattooed skin. I can't be the only obsessive on here right?

What do you guys do to keep your skin healthy and tattoos looking vibrant?

If I'm looking a bit flaky or dull I exfoliate with these pads that are a bit textured and soaked in a enzyme exfoliant that loosens dead skin. Neogen wine peeling pads maybe once or twice a month.

I moisturize with 100% Shea oil in the AM and at night I put a face balm that is meant to make sure your skin stays moisturized as it has an ingredient in it, Ceramide that basically get your skin to hold moisture so you need less moisturizing.

I am about sunscreen so I use a physical sunscreen, Blue Lizard spf 30, everyday and if I actually am in sun, I don't leave home with an spf stick so I reapply.
Provocajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:30 PM   #2
Chat Slut

Send a message via AIM to rufio Send a message via MSN to rufio

So this one time, I got so drunk I pissed all over myself and thats about the only moisturizer I used. Oh and sunscreen in the sun (with a tiny bit of piss)
rufio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #3
Chat Slut

I drinks lots of water, probably 4-5 litres a day, so skin never gets dry. Also use Aveeno and bio-oil to keep them looking extra fresh
lwlssptrck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #4
Rambler

I live in Vegas. It's dry air and very hard water and bright sun nearly all year.

I drink 4 liters of water a day as well to make sure I'm not dehydrated.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provocajade View Post
I live in Vegas. It's dry air and very hard water and bright sun nearly all year.

I drink 4 liters of water a day as well to make sure I'm not dehydrated.
I live in Ireland, we don't have the sun here
lwlssptrck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 03:32 AM   #6
Rambler

Quote:
I'm big on skincare on my face so naturally that interest has transferred over to taking care of my tattooed skin. I can't be the only obsessive on here right?

What do you guys do to keep your skin healthy and tattoos looking vibrant?

If I'm looking a bit flaky or dull I exfoliate with these pads that are a bit textured and soaked in a enzyme exfoliant that loosens dead skin. Neogen wine peeling pads maybe once or twice a month.

I moisturize with 100% Shea oil in the AM and at night I put a face balm that is meant to make sure your skin stays moisturized as it has an ingredient in it, Ceramide that basically get your skin to hold moisture so you need less moisturizing.

I am about sunscreen so I use a physical sunscreen, Blue Lizard spf 30, everyday and if I actually am in sun, I don't leave home with an spf stick so I reapply.
Holy crap. That's a lot of stuff.

I generally don't use anything on my non tattooed skin, but I'm a guy. On my tattoos, some unscented Lubriderm as needed which is not often.
burnthesehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 04:08 AM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

I am an aftercare whore. I always stay out of the sun, use high end body wash, use beauty brew to heal my fresh tattoos. Even when we had a heatwave and it was 113 F I wore a UPF jacket and jeans lol.

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:55 AM   #8
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnthesehills View Post
Holy crap. That's a lot of stuff.

I generally don't use anything on my non tattooed skin, but I'm a guy. On my tattoos, some unscented Lubriderm as needed which is not often.
It's moisturizer and sunscreen daily.... And once in a while I exfoliate it. 3 things is a lot?

If you want to see a lot, I have a drawer that is just for my face. I practice Korean skincare which is a 10 step process every night. I'm gonna look the same when I'm 60.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Went to a festival in Germany last weekend, brought 50spf sun cream. Couldn't find it until the last day when I was packing up.

Quote:
It's moisturizer and sunscreen daily.... And once in a while I exfoliate it. 3 things is a lot?

If you want to see a lot, I have a drawer that is just for my face. I practice Korean skincare which is a 10 step process every night. I'm gonna look the same when I'm 60.
Have you seen Grace Neutral's documentary on Korean beauty culture?

Your routine reminds me of Christian Bale's in American Psyco
SenorChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

I've been wearing upf solar sleeves for the past few years to keep the sun off lasered skin. Now they are working well for the new tattoo. The "Freezer Zero" ones from Columbia are my favourite, they actually feel cooler, could be magic, I dunno.

Palmer's cocoa butter has always been my go to for keeping moisturized, plus as Jimbob so eloquently put it: smelling like a Kinder egg is a real bonus.
Jayman1982 is online now   Reply With Quote