Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #11
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman1982 View Post
You want to cover a very respectable looking tiger tattoo with a blob of solid black ink to make it look more pleasing to the eye? Then get another tiger tattoo underneath it? I'm sorry, but that just sounds insane...

You've got a very good tattoo, I think you should either A) Leave it alone for a few years and see how you feel about it then or B) If you really hate it that much try and get it laser removed over the next few years. I would not get more tattoos if I were you as, to be honest, you have come across as somewhat indecisive with some of your past threads and getting more work done may still leave you with these feelings of regret.
Absolutely not!!! When a tattoo is well done by a senior tattoo artist I have no problem wearing it, the problem is that in this case we can not talk about tattoo done very well. I did not regret the tattoo but the first tattoo artist yes, unfortunately at the first tattoo I was inexperienced.
marcotattoo46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 05:19 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

I think the reworked tiger looks great and you should keep it as it is.
Old 13-03-2018, 05:23 PM   #13
Jedi Chat Master

Didn't we already talk you out of this idea before? Link

I agree with Jay. You are coming across a bit neurotic in a lot of your posts. Your rework came out good but now you are unhappy with it again. It seems like you aren't going to be happy with any tattoo.

I'm not trying to insult you. And I recognize that the language barrier can be a factor in situations like this. I'm just trying to point out how you are coming across. Both Jay and I getting the same feeling is worth noting and thinking about.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 12:26 PM   #14
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
Didn't we already talk you out of this idea before? Link

I agree with Jay. You are coming across a bit neurotic in a lot of your posts. Your rework came out good but now you are unhappy with it again. It seems like you aren't going to be happy with any tattoo.

I'm not trying to insult you. And I recognize that the language barrier can be a factor in situations like this. I'm just trying to point out how you are coming across. Both Jay and I getting the same feeling is worth noting and thinking about.
Relax bro
Old 14-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #15
Chat Slut

Tbh man, I just don't like that idea. Blackout is cool with geometric and maybe some other images, but just doing it on a portion of your arm is kinda lazy to me. With something like blackout you go big or you go home. If you just blackout the tiger portion of your arm it'll look like you have a shoulder plate on, except without any of the detail, just black.

I think a lot of the criticism here is that you are quick to try and "fix" this tattoo. Going for quick fixes never solves the problem. Tbh it's easier to fix a tattoo of you just go bigger, like turn this into a sleeve where the tiger will blend in more easily. Blackout is also something that is near impossible to remove, so going into it and then putting a tiger below it might just put you in an even worse position. Just please take your time to think over the decision.

If you don't mind me asking what exactly about your tiger don't you like?

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #16
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Tbh man, I just don't like that idea. Blackout is cool with geometric and maybe some other images, but just doing it on a portion of your arm is kinda lazy to me. With something like blackout you go big or you go home. If you just blackout the tiger portion of your arm it'll look like you have a shoulder plate on, except without any of the detail, just black.

I think a lot of the criticism here is that you are quick to try and "fix" this tattoo. Going for quick fixes never solves the problem. Tbh it's easier to fix a tattoo of you just go bigger, like turn this into a sleeve where the tiger will blend in more easily. Blackout is also something that is near impossible to remove, so going into it and then putting a tiger below it might just put you in an even worse position. Just please take your time to think over the decision.

If you don't mind me asking what exactly about your tiger don't you like?
The right side of the photo looks like it has a bulge while the left side is straight. In your opinion could it improve by putting a background on it? I had thought of another solution, that is a background and under a small tiger, all in color and the background embraces both tigers. So the face I have now should be better amalgamated with the rest. What do you think about it?
Old 14-03-2018, 08:28 PM   #17
Chat Slut

Yeah I think that might be better, I just think blackout is extremely heavy and a huge choice to make

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #18
Rambler

Yes, I think it's the best solution, I do that.
Old 15-03-2018, 12:22 AM   #19
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcotattoo46 View Post
The right side of the photo looks like it has a bulge while the left side is straight. In your opinion could it improve by putting a background on it? I had thought of another solution, that is a background and under a small tiger, all in color and the background embraces both tigers. So the face I have now should be better amalgamated with the rest. What do you think about it?
But you’re never going to see a tiger out there with a perfectly symmetrical face. Like with your tattoo, the tiger is probably stood at an angle, so its face looks the way it does. If you want to even it out then yeah a background. You mentioned extending the tattoo down your arm with a small tiger before. That’s a much better idea. You could even go for a jungle, wildlife, or big cat theme (panther bro). And Marco your tiger looks like an excellent tiger, please don’t worry so much about it
Old 15-03-2018, 01:17 AM   #20
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
But youíre never going to see a tiger out there with a perfectly symmetrical face. Like with your tattoo, the tiger is probably stood at an angle, so its face looks the way it does. If you want to even it out then yeah a background. You mentioned extending the tattoo down your arm with a small tiger before. Thatís a much better idea. You could even go for a jungle, wildlife, or big cat theme (panther bro). And Marco your tiger looks like an excellent tiger, please donít worry so much about it
ok I do so, little tiger and background.