Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default what is the name of this style please ?

Hi everybody !!

I'm new here and fell in love with the work of twin monkey tattoo , but unfortunately they are to far away from me !!

I would like to know how could i call that style , so I can start to look for an artist with a similar one that might be closer.

Thanks a lot !

Korben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
Mumbler

Sort of illustrative and geometrical I'd say
Elis111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

Geometric
edlevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:02 PM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

I think if you just look for blackwork artists you are going to see a lot of stuff very similar to that.

Check out this feed: blackworkers

This is pretty similar and this guy is in Manchester. I just assumed you are in the UK but if not, let us know where you are.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

"Plenty of super talented artists who don't have the technique to make their ink hold or last". -ThrobbingSausage

Last edited by DGreenwood; 12-09-2017 at 11:41 PM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Thank you all I will look around , I'am not in UK unfortunately , I am in Western Canada !
Old 15-09-2017, 10:10 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Where in Western Canada? We have a few members familiar with that area. Blackwork and ornamental is a very popular style in Seattle.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

"Plenty of super talented artists who don't have the technique to make their ink hold or last". -ThrobbingSausage
Old 16-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #7
Chat Virgin

That would be amazing , I'm in Victoria and Vancouver , so easy accesss to Seatle !

I didn't find any artist into geometric style around here.
Old 16-09-2017, 07:38 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

I don't really follow this style too closely so I'm probably going to miss some obvious names. Hopefully Call_me_Lola shows up. She's from Vancouver and knows what she's talking about.

My favorite artist in Seattle that nobody has ever heard of is Whitney Havok She does a lot of different styles (and crushes them) so you'll really have to look through her feed to find what you're looking for.

Dustin Burt does a similar style to what you are looking for.

Phil O' Gurk at Artcore is one of the better known Blackworkers in Seattle.

Last edited by DGreenwood; 16-09-2017 at 07:50 PM.