Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
Rambler

Default Rose reworked - progress pics

I've spoken about this recently so I'll just let the pics do the talking and see what you think so far.

What I will say is that I found the original artist via the BragArtList app, and although I personally feel my piece is far inferior to a lot of his other work, I wouldn't go back there or recommend him to anyone after how mine turned out. And I know a there are some awesome artists working at the two studios I've recently been to, Legacy in Haverhill and Immortal in Chelmsford, that would definitely be worth adding to it.
Attached Thumbnails
Rose reworked - progress pics-img_2360.jpg   Rose reworked - progress pics-img_2585.jpg   Rose reworked - progress pics-7a8c9437-3c46-4be8-af38-3a0e3885f977.jpg   Rose reworked - progress pics-9b5122db-bca0-4792-b635-d65d3f36b977.jpg  
NexivRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:21 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

I'm glad you are happier with it now! It looks better to me too but it's a little unfair to the original artist to compare the healed work he did to the fresh new work. Hopefully the new work heals much better than the original and that'll be the time to do a true side-by-side comparison.

Congrats!

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #3
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I'm glad you are happier with it now! It looks better to me too but it's a little unfair to the original artist to compare the healed work he did to the fresh new work. Hopefully the new work heals much better than the original and that'll be the time to do a true side-by-side comparison.

Congrats!
I can see your point, but I don't think it necessarily applies here when we're talking mainly about composition, application and finish.

The original fresh for comparison. I thought it would improve with healing to reach the caliber of his other work, but it did not seem to.

I don't think this particular tattoo was done well. But we don't have to agree
Attached Thumbnails
Rose reworked - progress pics-img_9131.jpg  
Old 05-10-2017, 12:04 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

I didn't say the original was done well so we don't disagree. I just meant that comparing healed to fresh exaggerates the difference.

Last edited by DGreenwood; 05-10-2017 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:43 AM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with an artist on my app mate. It's currently in beta while the new one gets built

It's with feedback I can clean the app up aswell.

At least it's heading for a happy ending

I went through similar shit but worse lol
Old 05-10-2017, 12:49 AM   #6
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with an artist on my app mate. It's currently in beta while the new one gets built

It's with feedback I can clean the app up aswell.

At least it's heading for a happy ending

I went through similar shit but worse lol
For what it's worth, I think the app is actually great. I found the artist for my otter on there after all, and I'm super happy with that piece!

I think it's unfortunate how mine turned out when you compare to his other work, so I don't think he should never have been on there if you catch my drift.

But like you said, feedback will benefit the app and all future users of it Definitely appreciate the work you've put into it.

And yeah, fingers crossed for a healed, happy ending this time
Old 05-10-2017, 05:44 AM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

You can see from the pictures the artist didn’t have to go back in on all of it, it’s mostly the B&G rose and leaves. So some of it was okay. You can defintately see it’s been improved though. The rose is a lot smoother and having seen the photo before I’ve only just realised what this tattoo actually is! What a mad idea! A butterfly, emerald squid rose! Amazing

How did you come up with that?

Last edited by tdhine; 05-10-2017 at 05:48 AM.
tdhine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:40 AM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
She designed it herself. Check out this thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #9
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
You can see from the pictures the artist didnít have to go back in on all of it, itís mostly the B&G rose and leaves. So some of it was okay. You can defintately see itís been improved though. The rose is a lot smoother and having seen the photo before Iíve only just realised what this tattoo actually is! What a mad idea! A butterfly, emerald squid rose! Amazing

You're right, there were parts I was happy with. The tentacle, the feather and the chameleon skin were all fine. We are going over all of it though, to varying degrees; I have another sitting in November.

I did intend to go back to the original artist for my touch up, and explained I'd be happy to pay for a second pass over all the b&g to increase the contrast (and hopefully sharpen it up in doing so).
But when he eventually replied he said it looked like it didn't need much doing to it, so could squeeze me in quite soon.
It just rang a few alarm bells for me that I was perhaps not going to be happy after that appointment. I assumed going over the b&g would need a few hours. So I decided to change up and get it touched up by someone who is also going to be adding some of her own work next to it next year. We're going to try and soften the harsh, black outline he finished it with somehow.

The design was something I eventually settled on over a looooong period of time lol. Part of it has meaning to me (for example, it's a tsavorite, not an emerald. But I don't expect people to know that and that doesn't matter). And part of it is just because it's stuff I like So there's a nice mix and I feel very content when I look at it. Even more so now!
Old 05-10-2017, 09:20 AM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Original seemed to heal quite blurry for some reason.

Get some healed pics of new tattoo mate when you can for a fair comparison.

Listen to my music below

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5xUR...Sfy2i2kG1h2TCw
BASSCUBE is offline   Reply With Quote