Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2017, 11:19 AM   #11
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
She designed it herself. Check out this thread
Nice one, thank you, that was an interesting read.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexivRed View Post
You're right, there were parts I was happy with. The tentacle, the feather and the chameleon skin were all fine. We are going over all of it though, to varying degrees; I have another sitting in November.

I did intend to go back to the original artist for my touch up, and explained I'd be happy to pay for a second pass over all the b&g to increase the contrast (and hopefully sharpen it up in doing so).
But when he eventually replied he said it looked like it didn't need much doing to it, so could squeeze me in quite soon.
It just rang a few alarm bells for me that I was perhaps not going to be happy after that appointment. I assumed going over the b&g would need a few hours. So I decided to change up and get it touched up by someone who is also going to be adding some of her own work next to it next year. We're going to try and soften the harsh, black outline he finished it with somehow.

The design was something I eventually settled on over a looooong period of time lol. Part of it has meaning to me (for example, it's a tsavorite, not an emerald. But I don't expect people to know that and that doesn't matter). And part of it is just because it's stuff I like So there's a nice mix and I feel very content when I look at it. Even more so now!
Chameleon skin, I was wondering about that part

Yeah I think you’ve done the right thing looking elsewhere. It doesn’t sound like he was interested in doing much with it. It’s great that the new artist is into the project and you’ll be adding to it. This was done at Immortal Ink? Were they all nice and friendly?
Old 05-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #13
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
Chameleon skin, I was wondering about that part

Yeah I think youíve done the right thing looking elsewhere. It doesnít sound like he was interested in doing much with it. Itís great that the new artist is into the project and youíll be adding to it. This was done at Immortal Ink? Were they all nice and friendly?
Yeah, to be honest I was a bit surprised because (as you no doubt read in the thread) he was pretty into creating the design for me and was a truly nice guy. We had good chats during the sittings.
I'm a big believer in the phrase "you get the tattoo you deserve", (like the piece of crap I have on my back! ), but this time round I won't lie, I was gutted.

Yeah, Immortal Ink is a nice place. There are quite a few stations set about, and they have numerous TVs on the wall that were streaming Louis Theroux documentaries lol. We went from the loons of the West Borough Baptist Church, to trophey hunting in Africa and finished off with Behind Bars
Big bonus; they take card payments. And they have a swish coffee machine and offer you drinks.

I proper have my eye on one of the artists there, Freddie. I saw him bash out a proper beautiful green and purple rose on a girl, and he'd done the sleeve on my artist as well. Really nice.
NexivRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

Yeah Freddie Albrighton, heís really improved over the last year or so. Lianne Moule has certainly taught him how to tattoo flowers. I really like his portraits too and the colours he uses. Heís developing his own distinctive style. Get booked in
Old 11-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #15
Rambler

Healed beautifully, I'm really pleased. Looking forward to getting the rest touched up and the new stuff added. I'm REALLY looking forward to working on making those thick, black outlines fit a little better with the whole piece.

I was thinking an easy solution in a couple of areas might be to have it as though the rose were on a bed of black lace? Not too much, but just enough to give a reason for it being there. Or maybe even some trash polka. I love mixing styles. Open to suggestions if anyone has them!
Attached Thumbnails
Rose reworked - progress pics-img_2734.jpg   Rose reworked - progress pics-img_2732.jpg  
NexivRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:41 AM   #16
Jedi Chat Master

If you extend it out Iím sure they can work it all in together. The outline doesnít look wrong or out of place to me. Just my opinion but I think something neutral would work best, a bit of colour or shading, give the rose space to breathe.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:44 AM   #17
Jedi Chat Master

Looking good

Listen to my music below

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5xUR...Sfy2i2kG1h2TCw
BASSCUBE is offline   Reply With Quote