Old 15-11-2017, 10:32 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Iron Maiden Tattoo Help

Hi Everyone,
I want to get an iron Maiden sleeve tattoo and I was wondering if anyone on here can point me in the right direction. I live in NJ, and this will be my first major tattoo so I am unsure on what type of artists I should be looking for. Ideally I would like someone who is a fan of the band and will draw a custom piece for me as I do not have a set image. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
BinnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Do you know what style tattoo you are looking for? Are you thinking color or black & grey?

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 12:32 AM   #3
Chat Slut

Can’t really help but just want to say that I fucking love maiden. Keep us posted

Last edited by big c; 16-11-2017 at 12:44 AM.
big c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
Do you know what style tattoo you are looking for? Are you thinking color or black & grey?
I definitely want color, and I was thinking more traditional. I do not want anything cartoonish. Thanks for the help!
Old 16-11-2017, 05:11 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by big c View Post
Canít really help but just want to say that I fucking love maiden. Keep us posted
Hell yeah man, will do!
Old 16-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinnyB View Post
I definitely want color, and I was thinking more traditional. I do not want anything cartoonish. Thanks for the help!
How well do you understand tattoo styles? I'm having a little trouble picturing what a traditional Iron Maiden tattoo would look like. I'm not doubting you, just trying to figure out how educated you are on tatttoo styles so I can give the best advice. There are a ton of styles in between traditional and new school (new school is what I think you were thinking of when you said cartoonish). I'd think illustrative would be the best style for an Iron Maiden tattoo, especially if you want Eddie in the tattoo since he is an illustration.

Now that I think about it, if I was in New Jersey and wanted a color tattoo of Eddie, I'd be trying to get in with Paul Acker at Seance Tattoo in Bensalem PA. That's not far for you but he's so good that I'd fly across the country to get tattooed by him. His specialty is color horror and I think Eddie may qualify. Check out his work here. Link

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

Last edited by DGreenwood; 16-11-2017 at 05:56 PM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

What about Denis Sivak?
Old 17-11-2017, 12:17 AM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

I read that as a traditional Eddie, so he looks like the album covers. Paul Acker is a great shout. If he couldnít do it someone else at his shop would jump on it.
Old 17-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #9
Chat Virgin

Hi

Good choice ! Heres mine- still a work and progress and much to do.
Im in the UK, so not much use to you, but thought you may like to see.

Work by Nipper @ Bridgend tattoo studio in South Wales.
Up the Irons !!
Attached Thumbnails
Iron Maiden Tattoo Help-file-002-.jpeg   Iron Maiden Tattoo Help-st2.jpg  
grahamw5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #10
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
How well do you understand tattoo styles? I'm having a little trouble picturing what a traditional Iron Maiden tattoo would look like. I'm not doubting you, just trying to figure out how educated you are on tatttoo styles so I can give the best advice. There are a ton of styles in between traditional and new school (new school is what I think you were thinking of when you said cartoonish). I'd think illustrative would be the best style for an Iron Maiden tattoo, especially if you want Eddie in the tattoo since he is an illustration.

Now that I think about it, if I was in New Jersey and wanted a color tattoo of Eddie, I'd be trying to get in with Paul Acker at Seance Tattoo in Bensalem PA. That's not far for you but he's so good that I'd fly across the country to get tattooed by him. His specialty is color horror and I think Eddie may qualify. Check out his work here. Link

I have to be honest man I really am not that educated in tattoo styles which is why I posted on here. I really do appreciate the help. I thought traditional style was the way to go but looking into illustrative definitely seems like a better style for what Iím looking for. I also appreciate the shout out to Paul Acker. I will definitely look into him and his shop.