Old 30-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
Chatter Box

Default Tattoo scarring?

I've just been to a local tattoo shop for some cleaning foam. The guy looked at my tattoo and said "it looks scarred and like the ink was hammered in".

He's kinda ruined my day. I'd appreciate opinions and advice.

To top it off, his date rate is a third of what I paid.
Attached Thumbnails
Tattoo scarring?-image.jpeg  
Kev.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Your tattoo isn't even a week old, not sure how he can come out and say that with any certainty...A third of what you paid? Perhaps he's a bit jealous of the quality work and quite likely to insult and critique it instead of praising it. In this industry you typically get what you pay for, so be proud of the right choice you made and just let it heal up, I'm sure you will be happy with the final result!

If you want more opinions on the current state of your skin to see if its normal looking you will need a close up high res image, that one doesn't show any detail...
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman1982 View Post
Your tattoo isn't even a week old, not sure how he can come out and say that with any certainty...A third of what you paid? Perhaps he's a bit jealous of the quality work and quite likely to insult and critique it instead of praising it. In this industry you typically get what you pay for, so be proud of the right choice you made and just let it heal up, I'm sure you will be happy with the final result!

If you want more opinions on the current state of your skin to see if its normal looking you will need a close up high res image, that one doesn't show any detail...

There are a few shiny spots where the skin has peeled. I thought that was normal but he said it was scarring. Isn't new skin always shiny?

I have a small embarrassing Chinese symbol from a lads holiday in magaluf. I think I rember that looking shiny at first.

He started going on about convention artists tatts looking great when done but not so good after.

It really shocked me TBH.

I'll take some better pics
Old 30-11-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
Chatter Box

It will only let me attach one pic per post?
Attached Thumbnails
Tattoo scarring?-image.jpg  
Old 30-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
Chatter Box

Attached Thumbnails
Old 30-11-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
Chatter Box

Attached Thumbnails
Old 30-11-2017, 04:22 PM   #7
Chatter Box

Attached Thumbnails
Tattoo scarring?-image.jpeg  
Old 30-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Heavy black has to be worked over multiple times and will naturally get beat up more than lighter shaded areas, it will go through a longer heal in that spot and yes, shiny skin is totally normal and does not mean you have scarring, he's full of %$#@. You really shouldn't worry, just let it heal. Avoid the urge to over moisturize, 2-3 times a day is fine, and only use a thin layer of the stuff.
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #9
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayman1982 View Post
Heavy black has to be worked over multiple times and will naturally get beat up more than lighter shaded areas, it will go through a longer heal in that spot and yes, shiny skin is totally normal and does not mean you have scarring, he's full of %$#@. You really shouldn't worry, just let it heal. Avoid the urge to over moisturize, 2-3 times a day is fine, and only use a thin layer of the stuff.
Cheers mate. I'll lay off with the moisturiser. Slapped a load on after he said that.
Old 30-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #10
Mumbler

Dont listen to your local artist. Sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder. Your tattoo looks amazing and just needs time to heal.
primus105 is offline   Reply With Quote