Old 15-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #11
Chat Virgin

And here is what i got the pictures arent great but they give an accurate depiction of how horrible it is. With some very strange colours and shapes its very heavy and dark and unatural a world away from his other work and from what i asked for paid for and expected.

And if you look at the top left there seems to be a pair of lips and a nose .
Attached Thumbnails
I hate my new tattoo-img_20171215_181200.jpg   I hate my new tattoo-img_20171215_181206.jpg   I hate my new tattoo-img_20171215_181300.jpg  
Tydun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 07:43 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

Aside from the fact that he's a better photographer than you, I'm not seeing the differences you are seeing. Where are the strange colors and shapes?

Your tattoo is going to lighten up when it heals.

The lips and nose you see is part of another flower.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

Last edited by DGreenwood; 15-12-2017 at 07:45 PM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #13
Chat Virgin

Art is subjective some people may think its a good tattoo but i dont understand how you can see the my tattoo is in anyway the same quality of workmanship.

Maybe its photoshop thats the main difference and i understand the lips are supposed to be another flower but either way im not sure why its there.
Old 15-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

You have other tattoos, right? I'm not trying to be condescending, but my advice is to let it heal and see what it looks like, because I think it's going to lighten up. But if you have other tattoos I'm sure you already know that.

This might be an example of you being able to examine your own tattoo in more detail than you can examine the pictures, which makes for an unflattering comparision. If I analyze my own tattoos too closely I can always see things that aren't quite right, but everyone else that sees them thinks they are awesome.

Those tattoos look like they were done by the same artist to me. But, like you said, your pictures aren't great so maybe that's hiding what you can see in real life. Your pictures are fuzzy which hides some detail I'm assuming is there, but maybe it's not.

I'm looking for weird colors and shapes but don't see it.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

Last edited by DGreenwood; 15-12-2017 at 08:14 PM.
Old 15-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

I think you got what you wanted and they look awesome . Who's the artist ??

I like it a lot. And want to see their ither work..

Them darks are going to lighten when it heals obviously and I think Wil settle great you need that darkness to create depth and I think he made smart choices with that darkness itherwise it woukd all blend together into a blob with no form or depth once healed

But I agree your photos aren't very good and I think you need to realize that's ink being put in your skin and your really close compared to pictures that are further away I'd be willing to bet looking super up close and in person vs in the others you would notice certain things you wiukdnt see in pictures .

They look like the colors you asked for . But better pictures may help I don't see a nose or lips either but idk

∅ Pittsburgh

Art××Tattoo××Paint

Last edited by checkonetwo; 15-12-2017 at 08:20 PM.
checkonetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #16
Chat Virgin

And is all the orange going to disappear a colour i didnt ask for or want its just a big mess which i know he rushed and half arsed it even if i had asked for some peculliar ,orange and dower roses i would still think its a bad tattoo.
Old 15-12-2017, 08:16 PM   #17
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkonetwo View Post
I think you got what you wanted and they look awesome . Who's the artist I like it a lot
The artist is Tomek Lapa.

Old 15-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #18
Jedi Chat Master

I'm failing to see to a bad tattoo in the pictures you posted...Looks right in line with his other work, I think you will grow to love it...Adding to it and making it into a full sleeve would be the best route of action. Covering that up will be a mess and definitely don't bother with laser! But as already mentioned, its a very good tattoo, be happy!
Jayman1982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #19
Jedi Chat Master

Plus if you look at the pictures that you gave him as reference they all have dark tones in the depths of the flower just like yours exactly like yours. They all have dark tones for depth..... which are needed

∅ Pittsburgh

Art××Tattoo××Paint
checkonetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #20
Chat Virgin

Yes i understand colour theory i see there are light and dark tones that play off each other to create the effect in the first pictures of his work i posted which is why i went to him to because i liked the way he made that work and the overall lightness of the work.

How anyone can look at the white ,light pink bright crisp looking roses and then look at what i have and think its the same thing baffles me like i said its subjective and the pictures arent great but still im baffled.