Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-12-2017, 01:15 AM   #1
Rambler

Default New Orleans here I come! Anyone here know of an artist they would recommend?

Next spring I'll be on a trip that will include a few days in New Orleans and I am thinking of getting a little banger while I'm there. What I want is probably too small for any well known artists, plus its probably already too late to get in with them.

I'm still pondering ideas: possibly the Bourbon Street sign and lamp, or a fleur de lis. Palm sized. Just something iconic that represents New Oleans.

I'm thinking b&g realism, but my mind is really pretty open on the style. I just need to find a talented 'up and comer' who's work I can fall in love with.

So - can anyone recommend some fresh new talent that might be able to squeeze me in for a couple of hours in April in New Orleans??

(We will also be in Nashville and Dallas for a few days - and I'm totally OK with getting my New Orleans tattoo on one of those stops.)
Call_me_Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 03:58 AM   #2
Rambler

Liz cook-Dallas
Deanna smith/rember orellanna Denton, Tx don’t think it’s not far from Dallas
Levi Hilton- la
Nothing101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 04:26 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing101 View Post
Liz cook-Dallas
Levi Hilton- la
I'm confused. You don't think Dallas is close to New Orleans do you?

Tracy Scianneaux was on Ink Master Angels recently. He doesn't seem to have a huge following so you might be able to book in with him. His stuff is hit and miss for me but I'd probably trust him to do something like what you are talking about. I think he fits the description of the kind of artist you are looking for anyway.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

Last edited by DGreenwood; 27-12-2017 at 04:32 AM.
DGreenwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 04:59 AM   #4
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I'm confused. You don't think Dallas is close to New Orleans do you?

Tracy Scianneaux was on Ink Master Angels recently. He doesn't seem to have a huge following so you might be able to book in with him. His stuff is hit and miss for me but I'd probably trust him to do something like what you are talking about. I think he fits the description of the kind of artist you are looking for anyway.
Wait, she mentioned she will be going to Dallas
Old 27-12-2017, 05:56 AM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Wait, she mentioned she will be going to Dallas
Lol! You're right, sorry!

I read her post a few times trying to figure out what I was missing, I guess I should have stuck it out till the end.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 08:34 PM   #6
Rambler

Thanks guys.

@DGreenwood I watched that show and don't remember Tracy LOL. And your right, some of his work is pretty good, some not so much. Might be ok if I go A little smaller and simpler.

Quote:
Liz cook-Dallas
Levi Hilton- la
You have good taste! I forgot that Liz Cook is in Dallas and I doubt she'd have an opening that soon. Hmmm. Might just fire off an email to her anyway, just in case.

I've been to Denton. (I have a fantastic masquerade piece from Rember. ��) And I've already sent an inquiry to Brandon Albus there. I know he's already booked up for April, but I asked to be considered if he got a cancellation.

And now I'm following Levi Hilton. Thanks! But he's 5 hours from New Orleans and I'm only there for 3 days. I'd miss out on finally seeing New Orleans.

Last edited by Call_me_Lola; 27-12-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:13 PM   #7
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_me_Lola View Post
Next spring I'll be on a trip that will include a few days in New Orleans and I am thinking of getting a little banger while I'm there. What I want is probably too small for any well known artists, plus its probably already too late to get in with them.

I'm still pondering ideas: possibly the Bourbon Street sign and lamp, or a fleur de lis. Palm sized. Just something iconic that represents New Oleans.

I'm thinking b&g realism, but my mind is really pretty open on the style. I just need to find a talented 'up and comer' who's work I can fall in love with.

So - can anyone recommend some fresh new talent that might be able to squeeze me in for a couple of hours in April in New Orleans??

(We will also be in Nashville and Dallas for a few days - and I'm totally OK with getting my New Orleans tattoo on one of those stops.)
Dallas:
B&g - Chase Nash, Deanna Art, Rember
Neo Trad - Tiffer Wright, Jay Joree, Billy Weigler, Zack Singer

Personally, based on what you've said, I'd go with Chase Nash. He should have openings and he's pretty solid and not too crazy expensive. He actually did my fiances back piece. It's just a quote, not b&g, but he did it as an apprentice and there are no blow outs and 4 years later it still looks good. Deanna might be busy with ink master at the moment and Rember/Zack are pricey.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:08 PM   #8
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Dallas:

Personally, based on what you've said, I'd go with Chase Nash. He should have openings and he's pretty solid and not too crazy expensive. He actually did my fiances back piece. It's just a quote, not b&g, but he did it as an apprentice and there are no blow outs and 4 years later it still looks good. Deanna might be busy with ink master at the moment and Rember/Zack are pricey.
Thank you!!! Just peeped at Chase Nash's IG and I think he might be the guy. Nice find. Artists like him are EXACTLY why I asked here for a referral. I would have never found him on my own.
Old 15-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #9
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Dallas:

Well... it looks like I owe you big time Sushi!!! Did you see that giveaway Chase Nash just did? And the winner is (drum roll) .... ME!!!!

Absolutely unbelievable. The giveaway was posted about 2 hours after I started following him at your suggestion, so THANK YOU so very very much for this!
Old 15-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #10
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call_me_Lola View Post
Well... it looks like I owe you big time Sushi!!! Did you see that giveaway Chase Nash just did? And the winner is (drum roll) .... ME!!!!

Absolutely unbelievable. The giveaway was posted about 2 hours after I started following him at your suggestion, so THANK YOU so very very much for this!
Wasn’t u the one that won 2 pieces already?