Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-12-2017, 06:01 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Looking for a good tattoo artist in Scotland

Posted this in the right place this time. Sorry.

I would like to get more tattoos done however I have come across a problem. I had a cover up done a couple of years ago however it is very much not to my satisfaction.

This individual said he could cover up my tattoo without anymore laser work. He was wrong. The old tattoo can be seen through the new one. There are parts of the old tattoo still visible and have not been covered up at all. He "lost" my artwork of what I was looking for. He refused to speak to me about the artwork until my ink time. He also had his lunch during my ink time. My experience with tattoo artists recently has not been great.

I have gone back to this particular “artisit” and tried to discuss the matter but he refused to speak to me. I also asked to book ink time and this was also refused. I can't go back to him and to be honest I don't want to.

My cover up has been described as poor, bad and cowboyed, one person described it as human vandalism. I'm not sure I would say cowboyed but I think the guy made a bad judgement call on what he could achieve. I think a second and maybe third session of lasering would have been better and then the cover up. But I took his advice and it didn’t work out. But instead of repairing the tattoo he has ran away from it. That to me is unprofessional. My two year old tattoo looks the same age as my 25 year old tattoo. He has obviously used poor quality ink.

I am looking for a tattoo artist who will look at it and see how it can be repaired. I am prepared to get part of the tattoo lasered out in order for it to be redone. But it needs a discussion.

I will also be getting my 25 year old tattoo lasered to do a second cover up. But I will get three sessions on this one as I think that should be enough. But we’ll see. I am also looking to get a stag on my back as well. I was hoping to get this done by summer next year if possible.

I am based in Edinburgh but willing to travel for the right artist. Please feel free to get in touch if you wish to discuss.
Silver Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Can you post pictures of what you have? It'll help us understand what you are dealing with.

I'm a little confused about what you are looking for. Are you hoping an artist will see this and contact you? Because that's not really how it works. Good artists are in demand and don't need to seek out clients, they have plenty of people who come to them.

If you want our help finding an artist, you need to provide a little more info about what style you are looking for and how far you're willing to travel. Or you can check out the app in my signature to find someone you like. All the artists listed on that app are quality artists.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

You need to post a picture of your current situation. If it's already been covered up, it's going to be tough to cover up.

Edit: Bath Street Tattoo is one of the best in Scotland.

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 02:33 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

I had a tattoo artist eat lunch during ink time once, I decided it was time for my lunch at that point and joined him...
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 07:09 AM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

I've eaten lunch with several of my artists

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:29 PM   #6
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobbingSausage View Post
I've eaten lunch with several of my artists
Last session I did lunch AND dinner. Honestly I think I've had lunch with my artist every session.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:05 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

I was just trying to be a smart ass lol...Isn't a lunch break a given for a full day session?
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:11 PM   #8
Rambler

Maybe the artist ate his lunch with one hand and tattooed with the other one
Mostincrediblyawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #9
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostincrediblyawesome View Post
Maybe the artist ate his lunch with one hand and tattooed with the other one
"did you want fries with that tattoo?"
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #10
Chat Slut

Hey

I'm in Edinburgh. Hard to make recommendations without knowing roughly what you need. Can you post pictures ?

I'm currently here, with Olivia Chell - Insider Tattoo Studio - Edinburgh, Scotland

Maybe start with looking at -
Gordon Patterson
Alex Rattray
Billy Hay
David Corden
Marcus Maguire
Jason Corbett
There's at least a dozen more i could name between Edinburgh / Glasgow. What style are you interested in ?
leithswanny is offline   Reply With Quote