Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Appointment issues with a well known artist

Hi all,

I'm having a few issues with a well known artist (who I won't name). Apologies in advance for the essay....

I got a coverup started from him back in 2016 and since then, he's gotten considerably more well known and understandably really busy so I had trouble getting a reply from him for a while.
I finally managed to get a reply from him in regards to getting a second session on 21st September 2017 where he told me he had space for me on January 26th 2018.

Great - so I replied same day, asked him if I could have the spot and where I should send me deposit.

He replied pretty much straight away and so I sent my (rather large) deposit the day after (Sept 22nd) and emailed him asking to confirm.

He didn't reply so I waited a month and emailed again on October 11 - no reply, no confirmation that he got my deposit or that the spot is mine.
I figure it was due to him being busy so I should chill.

I emailed him again on 5th of December as I can't book my hotel/train for the appointment until he's confirmed it and have still had no reply.

It's now 2 weeks until i'm supposed to travel 4 hours for this tattoo and i'm not sure what to do!

He no longer works in a shop so contacting them isn't an option and i've left nice messages on his instagram here and there in the hopes it reminds him.

Any help would be seriously appreciated
JIves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
Chat Slut

Do you know where you have to go for the appointment, youíve got an address? A lot of artists are pretty terrible at emails and they donít seem to think about things like customers booking travel and hotels. Iíve had similar where Iíve emailed a couple of weeks before the session to sort times and designs and Iíve not heard back until the very last minute.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
Chat Slut

I've had very similar issues with a number of artists recently. Had initial contact, agreed a date and then radio went silent for months up until the day before the tattoo (this has happened twice and currently in the same boat with a tattoo planned for two weeks time).

On all occasions, it was travelling internationally where I had questions about the appointment but no response so just had to assume everything was ok and I would get sorted out in the end. Which in fairness, I did but not ideal.

Moral of the story, some artists are absolutely horrendous at communication.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

Thanks - the appointment is in Newcastle and i *think* i know the shop but not 100% sure sadly. Hotel is refundable and i'll book the train last minute just in case.

Guess it's fingers crossed and hope that I hear from him before I have to travel up there then!
JIves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #5
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIves View Post
Thanks - the appointment is in Newcastle and i *think* i know the shop but not 100% sure sadly. Hotel is refundable and i'll book the train last minute just in case.

Guess it's fingers crossed and hope that I hear from him before I have to travel up there then!
I'll send you a private message...
Old 09-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #6
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlssptrck View Post
I'll send you a private message...
Oh man, if this is who I think it is, I am also trying to get in contact with him.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:42 PM   #7
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Oh man, if this is who I think it is, I am also trying to get in contact with him.
As the old saying goes... ďA nod is as good as a wink to a blind horseĒ

That probably has little relevance to this conversation but I think it says all you need to know.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:55 PM   #8
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlssptrck View Post
As the old saying goes... ďA nod is as good as a wink to a blind horseĒ

That probably has little relevance to this conversation but I think it says all you need to know.
Well I will say that he did post on Instagram saying that he'd be responding to all his emails after the holidays. I know I plan on just emailing him as much as possible, seems like he just got a little behind from the holidays and what not.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 09:59 PM   #9
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Well I will say that he did post on Instagram saying that he'd be responding to all his emails after the holidays. I know I plan on just emailing him as much as possible, seems like he just got a little behind from the holidays and what not.
Every time he posts the ďIíll respond to emails soonĒ I make sure to follow up straight away... Still waiting...
Old 09-01-2018, 11:09 PM   #10
Chat Slut

I think this is one of the reasons he left the studio he was at. Not so good with the customer care. Solid dude so I’m sure he’ll have you booked in. Can understand it must be frustrating to deal with though.