Old 25-02-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Jedi Chat Master

Default Vero??

The vero revolution? What the hell have I woken up to this morning?
Old 25-02-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

I heard Instagram wears Vero pyjamas to bed
Old 25-02-2018, 05:16 PM   #3
Chat Slut

I came here to ask the same question, every other tattoo artist I follow seems to be posting about their new Vero account ?

Last edited by FreshWaterOtters; 25-02-2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
FreshWaterOtters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
Chat Slut

I don't think it's going to take off imo, and this is from someone who programs for a living. Their claim is that they won't resort to using ads to gain revenue, but it's not possible to subsist that way. Look at Snapchat, they almost went bankrupt before allowing ads. Look at insta, or even SoundCloud.

A quick Google search will show you how they are doing it. The first million users to get a vero can use it for free for life, but anyone else will have to pay a subscription fee, likely $15 a year. While that's not much, I think it'll probably end up backfiring on them once they hit 1mil. For context, Instagram is at 1 billion users. I just can't see vero getting past the critical mass problem, but that's just my 2 cents. I would HIGHLY recommend downloading and creating an account in order to lock yourself into the free rate.

At least the subscription fee makes it harder to make fake accounts/use bots ��

Edit: oh and vero takes a percentage of any sales made via clickthroughs (basically swiping up on Instagram stories). I'd put my money that this is going to torpedo down the line.

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood

Last edited by Sushi; 25-02-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 05:52 PM   #5
Chatter Box

I’ve tried to set up an account but it’s broken at the minute. I cant see myself paying a subscription fee
Mostincrediblyawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 06:10 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshWaterOtters View Post
I came here to ask the same question, every other tattoo artist I follow seems to be posting about their new Bero account ?
So not only do we have Vero, but Bero also?! So hard to keep up lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostincrediblyawesome View Post
Iíve tried to set up an account but itís broken at the minute. I cant see myself paying a subscription fee
First 1 million users are free for life ))
Old 25-02-2018, 06:19 PM   #7
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karka View Post
So not only do we have Vero, but Bero also?! So hard to keep up lol

First 1 million users are free for life ))

I can't even get he confirmation code to work. It says its going to call me but never does..
SDTattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #8
Chat Slut

Fixed my spelling.

I was getting the error too but it seems to be fixed now
FreshWaterOtters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 09:04 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

I signed up (DGreenwood). I like it. Who knows if it'll last but it's free so I jumped in.

I like the way you can post more than just pics and videos and it categorizes posts for later searches. I like the music, movie, and book database that already exists so that you don't have to pull in external links. And speaking of external links, you can post straight from youtube or a browser from your iphone (and I'm assuming android) through the Sharing function (like facebook or twitter) which was missing from insta.

The biggest thing is that the tattoo artists seem really fed up with instagram and feel like they are being manipulated into paying more money to get a more favorable weighting in the algorithm. They are looking for an alternative. If this ends up being it, I'm in early and free for life. If this is a fad, it's just another in a long list of accounts I have but never use. I wonder if my MySpace login still works?

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app

Last edited by DGreenwood; 26-02-2018 at 12:16 AM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 09:06 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Oh, and I messaged their support. Something happened in the last couple of days that triggered a huge boost in the user base and their systems are a bit overwhelmed. They are working to increase their capacity to keep up with the demand. It's working much better for me today than it was yesterday.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote