Old 25-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #11
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
I signed up (same handle as my insta). I like it. Who knows if it'll last but it's free so I jumped in.

The biggest thing is that the tattoo artists seem really fed up with instagram and feel like they are being manipulated into paying more money to get a more favorable weighting in the algorithm. They are looking for an alternative. If this ends up being it, I'm in early and free for life. If this is a fad, it's just another in a long list of accounts I have but never use. I wonder if my MySpace login still works?
this.
i wouldn't pay a sub for it but then i'm not promoting my business, so i guess $15/£10 whatever it'll be isn't necessarily that much if it's driving business for them (tattooists)
also sick to death of ads on IG, literally every 5th post in my feed!! that and the algorithms f**king up the chronological order of things and it seems people might be ready for something new??
brother10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 10:28 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

Signed up yesterday for the exact reasons stated.
Hardly anyone sees posts on Facebook/instagram now.
For example, last minute cancellation posts, they used to get filled super quickly without fail, sometimes in seconds. Now you're lucky if anyone even sees it. 1000 likes on a piece of work might now get 40 likes.... from the same people every time.
Can't moan too much though because it's been free all these years.
Vero will never challenge Facegram, maybe won't even last a year but I'm in there early just in case one of the Kardashians says it's good.
(nigel kurt if anyone wants to follow me btw x)

http://www.facebook.com/nigelkurt1
funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 11:05 PM   #13
Chat Slut

Quote:
I signed up (same handle as my insta). I like it. Who knows if it'll last but it's free so I jumped in.

I like the way you can post more than just pics and videos and it categorizes posts for later searches. I like the music, movie, and book database that already exists so that you don't have to pull in external links. And speaking of external links, you can post straight from youtube or a browser from your iphone (and I'm assuming android) through the Sharing function (like facebook or twitter) which was missing from insta.

The biggest thing is that the tattoo artists seem really fed up with instagram and feel like they are being manipulated into paying more money to get a more favorable weighting in the algorithm. They are looking for an alternative. If this ends up being it, I'm in early and free for life. If this is a fad, it's just another in a long list of accounts I have but never use. I wonder if my MySpace login still works?
I think they have good features and are definitely ahead of the curve when it comes to innovative social media. And I think it will thrive for a good bit, I just wonder what it'll be like after the subscription fees/taking a percentage of click through sales begin

Idk i just think this will all crumble if Instagram just changes back to chronological order. Also, they'd probably just buy out vero if it starts to challenge them. But it's like you said, might as well squat on an account since its free for life at then start

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 11:10 PM   #14
Jedi Chat Master

A lot of tattooists seem keen, but The Rock is staying silent...
Old 25-02-2018, 11:10 PM   #15
Jedi Chat Master

no harm trying it out really, i think it’s good to have new apps challenge instagram cause instagram is shit now. unless i turn on post notifications i really have to trawl through my feed on instagram. insta stories is also loaded with a fuck ton of sex ads and that is also super annoying. you’d think with how often they take down posts with peoples butt crack or cleaveage showing they’d do a better job with these sex ads.
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 12:09 AM   #16
Jedi Chat Master

I joined yesterday and had some issues in the afternoon, slow, unresponsive, guess the server was overloaded. Itís worse this morning, now itís logged me out and I canít get back in. Hope they fix these problems otherwise theyíre dead in the water.
Old 26-02-2018, 01:37 AM   #17
Jedi Chat Master

How long before Instagram adjusts the algorithm so that any posts about Vero don't ever show up on anyone's feed?
DGreenwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 02:07 AM   #18
Chat Slut

Quote:
How long before Instagram adjusts the algorithm so that any posts about Vero don't ever show up on anyone's feed?
Haha this wouldn't surprise me.

Well after not being on here for ages, I'm back (and with a front panel started AND finished). Was just about to ask what people know about this vero and if anyone was getting it, I was beaten to it but just read the thread to catch up.

I've already signed up anyway same name as here: jackn_89 for anyone who wants to connect.

Hello to everyone I've not spoken to in a while now, and also to the people joining since I was last on. I'll try to be more regular again now. I got bored of social media etc and kind of forgot about this too.
Old 26-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #19
Chat Slut

I'm on it. I like it so far.
oboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #20
Chat Slut

Still yet to post, but does anyone know if you can tag someone in your picture caption (Like if you post your tattoo and say done by @blahblah etc?