Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2018, 04:28 PM   #11
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
I looked pretty hard and the only area I could see that was potentially blowout is the one I've marked below. Even then I'm not sure if it's blowout, just looks like 2 black lines are close to each other. My marking is pretty shit though now that I've seen it uploaded, but it's the little green circle close to your sleeve.
You added a circle to a tattoo made up of circles?

I see what you are talking about but OP should remember that this tattoo is only two weeks old. That might be the layer of skin that is going to end up shedding as it finishes healing. It does look like a bit of blow out though. But if that's the worst of it, it's not bad.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #12
Jedi Chat Master

Doesn't look like there is anything wrong with it to me and it's still healing anyway.

I wouldn't go for a touch up if I were you because sometimes people get carried away. It's hard to explain but here is an analogy:

You are baking a cake and you put in a little too much water. To balance it out you add a bit more flour. Then more sugar. Then more egg. But it's now too much egg. So you add more flour. Then water. And so on and so on. Before you know it you have a huge mess. It would have been better to just bake it with that little extra water.
Old 02-03-2018, 04:51 PM   #13
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
You added a circle to a tattoo made up of circles?

I see what you are talking about but OP should remember that this tattoo is only two weeks old. That might be the layer of skin that is going to end up shedding as it finishes healing. It does look like a bit of blow out though. But if that's the worst of it, it's not bad.
Hey there's a reason why I pay other people to draw images for me

For the record though, that was me looking so closely and even then I'm not sure if you could even call that blowout. With the lines being so close it's not even that bad, super hard to tell

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:57 PM   #14
Chat Virgin

This is the area that she said was blown out, it's the left side of the tattoo
Attached Thumbnails
Is my tattoo that bad?-20180302_105501.jpg  
DankBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:07 PM   #15
Chat Slut

It's evident it's still healing, I'd wait until fully healed before making any decisions. As be said above, by someone trying to neaten it, they may make every line thicker, and what's to say they won't blow out? Where Will you stop? While the lines have been mentioned above somewhere what you also need to remember is straight lines (and circles) will never be perfect on your body and the artist will always be the one to get slated. But remember a body has curves so even a perfect stencil will not be 100% circular on your body. The same goes for a straight line. Not to mention, If you move while being tattooed then that perfectly straight line will no longer be perfectly straight. Back to the pointl, not a bad tattoo at all, but I'd wait to fully heal before making any decisions
Old 02-03-2018, 05:29 PM   #16
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankBiscuit View Post
This is the area that she said was blown out, it's the left side of the tattoo
If that tattoo really is two weeks old then either
a) you have super fast growing hairs or
b) the artist didn't shave the area before doing the tattoo (which would be a no-no for me if I were getting tattooed)

To my mind the tattoo is generally fine. Approximately 99.5% of the general population will just look at it and think "hey, a tattoo of some circles and a Penrose triangle" and that'll be it; they'll never notice any slight imperfections, only you will. I agree with the above: trying to "fix" it and you end up having a potentially even bigger mess on your hands.
TheRevJimJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #17
Chat Virgin

He did shave I just grow hair fast lol
Old 02-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #18
Jedi Chat Master

I do see blowouts but I also do see spotty line work and uneven saturation. But like mentioned it's only been 2 weeks and you should wait until completely healed to truly see how it looks like

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:50 PM   #19
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly123 View Post
It can be difficult not to take those things to heart but you've come to the right place for advice as there are some very knowledgeable people on here.

Which artist are you going to for the touch up?
I'm going to a new artist more than likely. I just talked to an artist I found today actually. He is doing a new piece for me in a couple weeks while this tattoo is healing .
Old 02-03-2018, 09:55 PM   #20
Jedi Chat Master

I see some potential blow out, but only just, it's really nothing to worry about. I wouldn't get it touched up.