Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
Chat Slut

Default The Brutal Black Project - What is your opinion on this?

First off, how do I embed on this forum?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9X6...ist=WL&index=6

This is insane, these people see how far they can go before they basically pass out.

Not really a fan of this stuff to be honest, this extreme stuff, splitting your tongue, horns, cutting nose or ears off, blacking out your whole body etc. It makes you look like a junkie and attention seeker.

What annoys me is we get put in the same basket as these people, it's why tattooing has a negative stigma in society, people picture these monsters and think of us as them, I didn't start this to be looked at as a freak or attention seeker and I know none of you guys did and it makes me sad because our amazing work and amazing talented artists get wrongly judged.

I try and educate as many people as I can, about talented artists who are not weird wickan, voodoo magicians who hate meat eaters but actually really gifted people, but it falls on deaf ears most of the time ofcourse.

I don't consider this tattoo lovers but honestly mentally unstable, there's a fine line between body modification and i'm trying to look like a demon.

What's you view on this stuff? How do you think it affects us and the industry?

And is there anyone on here who has gone to this extreme? be interesting to hear their story.
Old 05-03-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

I'm not a fan of extreme body mods, but i don't have the same view as you in regards to how its perceived. People can do whatever they want with their body and if they did it for attention then so be it. We do a bunch of shit for attention, some are just more willing to go to certain extremes.

As for the brutal black project, i honestly dont see the point of it or whatever they are trying to put across...
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

I think for a forum of people that would probably love (might be speaking out of turn here) for tattoos to be widely socially accepted and for us to be free to do whatever we want to our bodies without judgement then it would be extremely hypocritical for us to judge these people. It's their bodies, they can do whatever they like with it.

I completely understand the Brutal Black Project, the only issue I have with it is where a particular artist seemed to be disregarding good tattoo practice and digging in so hard and fast that it was making the client's limb move.

Other than that, let them on. They aren't hurting anyone in my opinion.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlssptrck View Post
I think for a forum of people that would probably love (might be speaking out of turn here) for tattoos to be widely socially accepted and for us to be free to do whatever we want to our bodies without judgement then it would be extremely hypocritical for us to judge these people. It's their bodies, they can do whatever they like with it.

I completely understand the Brutal Black Project, the only issue I have with it is where a particular artist seemed to be disregarding good tattoo practice and digging in so hard and fast that it was making the client's limb move.

Other than that, let them on. They aren't hurting anyone in my opinion.
That is the ONLY problem i have with the project, I think the artist you're talking about is Valerio(sp?) Technique goes out the window and he's just there to hurt you.
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominiccjs View Post
That is the ONLY problem i have with the project, I think the artist you're talking about is Valerio(sp?) Technique goes out the window and he's just there to hurt you.
I can't find the video, can't remember which one it was but it was the inside of some guy's upper arm I think.

Tattoos hurt enough, don't think any artist needs to try make them intentionally hurt. I know one of the main objectives of the Brutal Black Project is to push the limits of what you can take pain-wise but I think that should be achieved by length of time, number of artists working, area of body etc. Not by abandoning technique.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
Mumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwlssptrck View Post
I can't find the video, can't remember which one it was but it was the inside of some guy's upper arm I think.

Tattoos hurt enough, don't think any artist needs to try make them intentionally hurt. I know one of the main objectives of the Brutal Black Project is to push the limits of what you can take pain-wise but I think that should be achieved by length of time, number of artists working, area of body etc. Not by abandoning technique.
I totally agree with you. I seriously love the final look of some of the projects but can't imagine how well they heal considering the way they tattoo. Surely most of it would scar?

Not sure if this is the video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FyxvyCAUa0
Had part of my inner thigh blacked out this weekend, almost died and do not understand how that guy is okay....

In reply to OP though, I have no issue being put in the same bracket as people with heavy mods. I for one get my tattoos to feel like my body is my own and if that's what it takes for other people to feel comfortable in their own skin, then that's not for me to judge.
JIves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

Iíve met a few people with body mods, tattooed eyes, the implants, tongue splits etc. Theyíve always been dead nice. Thereís not a tonne of them around mind, so Iím sorry to hear theyíre getting you down.

I agree with the sentiments above. Some people like to take things to the extreme, who are we to judge?
Old 05-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #8
We Are Not Worthy

For me the BrutalBlackProject and the endless scrubbing of random lines does not look good. I fail to see the art in that and I don't find it aesthetically pleasing. However, I'm pretty sure they don't charge people for these sessions, they're free to anyone who feels they can cope with the torture basically.

But to each his own, they have to walk around like that not us, and if they're happy, it says a lot more about them than it does the ones who judge.

As for being put in to the same category as them, doesn't mean anything because I'm sure people have put me and everyone else into a trillion and one categories that never did or will reflect me/you/us in the first place.
Lolly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIves View Post
Not sure if this is the video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FyxvyCAUa0
Had part of my inner thigh blacked out this weekend, almost died and do not understand how that guy is okay....
No it wasn't that one (although that looks brutal), can't find the video for the life of me

I've heard black-outs are really painful. Is there a particular reason for it? Just so much packing in of ink?
Old 05-03-2018, 12:56 PM   #10
Chat Slut

Some very interesting replies here! Nice to see all the views.

Just to be clear, I agree totally on people making their own decisions and you can look how you want.

Where the line is well that is subjective as we are seeing, when I see guys on here covered in head to toe in tattoos from all their favourite artists, I love it. Same if I see someone on the street.

But for me when you start putting ink in your eyes, horns in your head, nose chopped off, holes in your face or just crazy black lines everywhere then you have gone to something else entirely.

It's mad to me seeing 20 year olds doing it, that's forever.

Wonder if anyone on here has any of this stuff done? Interested what getting your tongue split is like and living with it. Looks very painful.