Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Edit: progress update Opinion on this linework -

Hi, can you please tell me your thoughts on this linework?

All photos taken within 3 days of the tattoo being done.

I feel like both the artist and I were getting impatient/tired towards the end of the session and the lines on the ship are not as clean as they could be. He told me not to worry about any minor blowouts or fuzziness in the spots where my skin is very thin because the shading will take care of that.

I imagine all tattoos have minor imperfections (occasional fuzzy or slightly wonky line) and this is something only the owner and artist would notice.

What are your thoughts?

PS I'm really happy with my tattoo, i'm just trying to get a better understanding of what's standard and if it's objectively well done

Edit: Took better quality photo of upper arm
Attached Thumbnails
Opinion on this linework-unnamed-1-.jpg   Opinion on this linework-unnamed-3-.jpg   Opinion on this linework-unnamed-4-.jpg   Opinion on this linework-unnamed-5-.jpg  

Last edited by Semelle; 25-04-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Semelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Looks fine to me. No tattoo is perfect, will look good when finished
Old 11-03-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
We Are Not Worthy

The line work to me looks fine. As for the crispness of lines that you speak of, I'm sure that if you zoomed in and scrutinised any tattoo you'd find small imperfections on most of them. Once all the shading and colour is in place I bet it will look wicked.

Who is the artist?
Lolly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:17 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

Thanks both, that's what i thought! Plus it's a very fresh tattoo so im expecting to get crisper

Aritst is Michelich from Cloak and Dagger in London. https://www.instagram.com/michelich/?hl=en

I'm really looking forward to having this finished because i love what he does with textures and highlights. Check out the sword fish on his IG above - i looove it
Old 11-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #5
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semelle View Post
Thanks both, that's what i thought! Plus it's a very fresh tattoo so im expecting to get crisper

Aritst is Michelich from Cloak and Dagger in London. https://www.instagram.com/michelich/?hl=en

I'm really looking forward to having this finished because i love what he does with textures and highlights. Check out the sword fish on his IG above - i looove it
His work is really really good, your sleeve is gonna be just great Please post pics when you get more done.
Lolly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:04 PM   #6
Chat Virgin

I loved his work and he did a very specific tribal band for me which turned out absolutely amazing - that's why i asked him to do my sleeve. I'm excited about it too. Will definetely post. Still haven't decided if we should add background or leave it juxtaposed against the skin after he darkens it up. We agreed we'll decide after the first shading session next month.

Should be finished by endd may/start of june
Old 13-03-2018, 04:28 AM   #7
Need To Get Out More!

I can see what you are saying especially when you look at that last pic...the line work is not good. Like your artist said the shading will help. But you are right to post her your concerns IMO.

Lets see the finished tattoo i hope its kick ass !
Old 13-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #8
Chat Virgin

Thanks for the input mate. It's just those damned ship lines that bother me. Maybe he plans to darken that part a lot and wasnt worried about it. We'll see!

I dun goofed the ditch too - i work at an office and went to work the very next day with saran wrap under my shirt. had to keep my arm bent all day typing away and now i got a couple of big ol' fat fuzzy lines in the ditch. Thankfully it's a whole sleeve and I'm hoping he does a stellar job on the shading and none of these minor issues are noticeable in the end...
Old 13-03-2018, 12:46 PM   #9
Chat Virgin

Ok so I'm comparing photos and i can see those ship lines are looking significantly thicker all of a sudden. Is this me screwing up the healing?

First photo right after tattoo is done and second one is day 6
Attached Thumbnails
Opinion on this linework-before.jpg   Opinion on this linework-after.jpg  
Old 13-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #10
Chat Slut

It's probably the tattoo scabbing over which is making the lines look a lot thicker/fatter. I'd wait until it is healed to see properly. But as it settles in your skin, no tattoo ever looks exactly the same as when it's fresh.