Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-2018, 04:35 PM   #1
Chat Slut

Default My Matthew James Neckpiece done in 3 Days

Hey guys, i gladly survived 3 days with Matthew James at the Mondial du Tatouage last weekend finishing a complete Neckpiece. We did 10 hours, 11 hours and 7 hours on it and im sooo happy how it turned out. Matthew is absolutely one of the kindest guys ive ever met and i think i never felt more welcome and comfortable while getting tattoed before! To be honest the pain was less than what ive expected but they were a few areas i really had to struggle with 😖🤯 As its really hard to take good photos of it i just link to a video ive recently posted on my Instagram....hope this is OK!?

Thanks to all the guys who came over to say hello and helped me getting through it.....I will post some pics or even another video if everythings healed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgOf_6uApYd/

Update: Just tried my best to screenshot a few pics out of the video to do a little collage. Ive no experience in stuff like that so please have mercy 😄....for a better view just check the video i mentioned above.

My Matthew James Neckpiece done in 3 Days-0d8df33a-908f-4089-bcff-17d47e69c75e.jpeg

Last edited by Smokeee; 13-03-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Smokeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 04:43 PM   #2
Chat Slut

Everyone on here is a monster. I have no idea how ya'll sit for such long sessions.....

Sick fucking neck piece though man, really compliments the pieces you already have. Congrats on sitting through those sessions man

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
Everyone on here is a monster.
^ THIS!

Another top-notch addition man, congrats on the massive sitting for it too! He did a great job tying it into multiple pieces.
Jayman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 05:22 PM   #4
Chat Slut

Thanks a lot guys! I even dont understand how i could manage those multiple day sessions ☺️ I have to say i was afraid as hell this time.... I think it's just the anticipation to see the final result.
Smokeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 07:28 PM   #5
Chat Slut

I have a 4 day b2b sitting in November, although each day will only be 6 hours. All the posts on here are encouraging but I also worry that I'll start underestimating tattoo pain hahaha

And mediocre artists can't do great tattoos, no matter how great your idea is." -D. Greenwood
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 08:01 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Itís absolutely crazy. No idea how you sat that long, tough MF.
Old 13-03-2018, 09:38 PM   #7
Rambler

Fucking warrior I say. It came out bad-ass!
Lifeztravesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 09:48 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

It looks great!

That seems like a really long time to cover that much skin; I wonder if it's slower going because it's a difficult part of the body to tattoo, if you had to take a lot of breaks because it's a painful place to get tattooed, or maybe he's just slow.

None of that really matters because the most important thing is that you get a bad ass tattoo, which you did. It's just interesting to see the neck took 28 hours in this case, and then Steve Moore did that entire Monkey King back piece in 19 hours.

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

youíre a monster! 3 days on the neck and 30 hours to boot ?! came away with a beautiful neck piece and like everyone else already mentioned, it ties beautifully with your other pieces. great work man.
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 11:05 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreenwood View Post
It looks great!

That seems like a really long time to cover that much skin; I wonder if it's slower going because it's a difficult part of the body to tattoo, if you had to take a lot of breaks because it's a painful place to get tattooed, or maybe he's just slow.

None of that really matters because the most important thing is that you get a bad ass tattoo, which you did. It's just interesting to see the neck took 28 hours in this case, and then Steve Moore did that entire Monkey King back piece in 19 hours.
iíd imagine it would definitely be slower, not only is it an awkward spot, the skin on the neck is also much thinner. definitely have to be extra careful and gentle when the client is sitting 3 days in a row and putting that many hours in.
Dominiccjs is offline   Reply With Quote