Old 26-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #11
Chat Virgin

Nah I'd still get another tattoo, but not on my neck again. Probably wrist or foot next.
teacup11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 03:15 PM   #12
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpoose View Post
The brain is a powerful thing. Do you keep thinking about it? Just saying it might just be tension headache.
This. I've never heard of nerve pain from a tattoo. I think I'd probably figure out what is going on before you get another tattoo.
oboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 04:06 AM   #13
Chatter Box

I suppose you could have irritated something, either from the needle and ink or the process itself (neck position, vibration, etc). However very doubtful it would be anything permanent. It might take several weeks to go away completely, but I certainly wouldn’t worry about it. Plus you are apparently improving already.
burnthesehills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 09:12 AM   #14
Chat Slut

Could be swelling from the tattoo impinging on a nerve, at least initially. I wouldn't imagine that this would last for weeks though as I find the swelling lasts for perhaps a week at most.

It might be that the pain from the tattoo (either getting it or from the pain afterwards) has made you hold your neck/shoulder in an unnatural position for an extended period of time and the muscles in the area have suffered a bit. Have you tried heat and ibuprofen?
TheRevJimJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 09:54 PM   #15
Chat Virgin

Thank you. Yes, I've tried ibuprofen, magnesium, prescribed Diazepam, heat, and massage. Today the pain is bothering me more. It comes and goes. Could the tattoo ink be irritating my neck internally but show no redness on the outside? I'm seriously considering lasering the tattoo off, but then worried it will make things worse, or that the tattoo isn't the cause and I'll be left with pain and a scar.
Old 28-06-2018, 02:47 AM   #16
Jedi Chat Master

From what I've read here, you'd be better off consulting a psychiatrist. The tattoo is a mark on your skin. It hasn't damaged your nerves, muscle tissue, etc, unless it was applied with a hammer and chisel. The worst pain you may have experienced is a sore neck/head/shoulders from tilting your head to the side to allow your artist to apply your tattoo. And as that would have been around 5 minutes, any fatique in those muscles would be incredibly unlikely. :beer :
Old 28-06-2018, 08:33 AM   #17
Chat Virgin

A little harsh! I thought an ink reaction might be possible maybe. I just can't understand what's causing it, and since the pain came four days after the tattoo, then I naturally worry it may be the cause. When I googled it came up with a few people describing muscle pain lasting weeks. Just wondered if anyone here had anything similar. But clearly not. I certainly don't need a psychiatrist thank you.
Old 28-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #18
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup11 View Post
A little harsh! I thought an ink reaction might be possible maybe. I just can't understand what's causing it, and since the pain came four days after the tattoo, then I naturally worry it may be the cause. When I googled it came up with a few people describing muscle pain lasting weeks. Just wondered if anyone here had anything similar. But clearly not. I certainly don't need a psychiatrist thank you.
Everyone thinks they are "allergic" to ink or had a reaction to it. That is rarely the case. I think you just have a completely unrelated problem. The tattoo didn't have anything to do with it.
Old 28-06-2018, 07:49 PM   #19
Chat Virgin

Thank you, I hope not. I'll just go back to the doctor. Might be to do with the angle I kept putting my neck after getting it, combined with tension worrying about the pain. Thank you for all your responses, I'm glad it probably isn't related to the tattoo.
Old 28-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #20
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup11 View Post
Thank you, I hope not. I'll just go back to the doctor. Might be to do with the angle I kept putting my neck after getting it, combined with tension worrying about the pain. Thank you for all your responses, I'm glad it probably isn't related to the tattoo.
As I said before, hope you get it sorted. Good luck.