Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
Rambler

Default My new Jak Connolly Sleeve (2 sessions)

Hey guys, so as mentioned in the other thread on here, i just did 2 days with Jak, great guy and a great experience, he was suffering from a pretty savage cold so im happy we got so much done regardless of that.

Concept was mother nature/earth and the destruction of the planet, will continue with more decay further down the arm. The hand didnt get finished in time so is only partially completed currently

This was 2 days, to be continued early in 2019 when i can get a booking, he only shared one pic, im sure many of you saw it on instagram already though:

infernouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
Mumbler

That’s looks really cool man, bet you are happy with that. What kind of hours did he do?
24k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24k View Post
That’s looks really cool man, bet you are happy with that. What kind of hours did he do?
yeah man hes by far my favourite artist and its good to get something typical to what i liked in his style. We did 12-6 2 days in a row (several tech issues with printers but he worked so fast it didnt matter)
Old 13-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #4
Mumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
yeah man hes by far my favourite artist and its good to get something typical to what i liked in his style. We did 12-6 2 days in a row (several tech issues with printers but he worked so fast it didnt matter)
Yeah it does look great, did you give him the ideas or just let him go free reign, and wow that’s good then that he managed to get much done in the time.
24k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #5
Rambler

I proposed a nature vs science idea for some sort of contrasting theme, he proposed this adaptation and i just let him go with whatever he wanted, will expand on it in future sessions to get 100% coverage around this idea!
Old 13-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Looks great. Steve Butcher just did a similar piece but this one is a lot better imo

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #7
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobbingSausage View Post
Looks great. Steve Butcher just did a similar piece but this one is a lot better imo
ah cool i didnt see that, im a steve butcher fan too but jak has been my fav artist for years now! glad to hear its preferred
Old 13-09-2018, 06:28 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Excellent! Congrats

A great artist is more important than a great idea. If you aren't sure how to find one, use this app: The Brag Art List app
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 12:08 AM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

Jak gets a lot done in two days! Was funny with the Steve Butcher piece. I wondered if it was coincidence or they’d talked beforehand! This wins hands down, congratulations. How was the studio?
Old 14-09-2018, 12:28 AM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhine View Post
Jak gets a lot done in two days! Was funny with the Steve Butcher piece. I wondered if it was coincidence or they’d talked beforehand! This wins hands down, congratulations. How was the studio?
Tee hee

For top notch artists check out this app!
http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
ThrobbingSausage is offline   Reply With Quote