Old 11-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #1
Rambler

Default Simple Finger Tattoo Artist

If Iím looking for a simple black line finger tattoo (thinking of a vine silhouette) would a local shop down the road be fine, or would you travel? Any US artist recommendations? I like the fine line finger tattoos but not sure how well those will hold up.
luckyashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:31 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

Don't make the mistake of thinking a simple line tattoo can be done well by anyone. One of the best indicators of a good experienced tattooer is the quality of their linework. You don't want to have wonky lines on a linework tattoo because then you just have a wonky tattoo. Add to this the fact that you are talking about a finger tattoo and I'd double down on this advice. Hands and fingers are notorious for losing ink, so you want someone who is good.

Do you have the exact design already or are you looking for someone to design it and tattoo it? If you have the design I don't think you'll need to travel, just make sure you find someone local that does nice crispy lines.

If you want them to design it and tattoo it, I'd broaden your search and be willing to travel if necessary to find someone who designs simple line tattoos that you love.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood

Last edited by DGreenwood; 11-05-2019 at 07:55 PM.
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 07:49 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

I think you're in Florida, right? Tony Mancia's wife hasn't been tattooing long but she has a good teacher and she does some cool linework designs and tattoos. They are in Atlanta. Desiree Mancia

I don't follow this style closely so she's the only one that came to mind in the Southeast, and honestly I'm probably only aware of her because she's Tony's wife.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:07 PM   #4
Rambler

Iím in TN now but travel a lot so donít mind traveling to someone. I donít have a specific design idea, just something natural like leaves, flower, vine, something that looks pretty and will last and look good small haha I donít want to have unrealistic expectations about finger tattoos. I found DCM Tattoos and Winter Stone on the west coast. Itís just not a style Iím super familiar with so not sure where to start looking. I appreciate the advice on finding someone with good linework though. I wasnít sure since I donít have any small tattoos.
luckyashley is offline   Reply With Quote