Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Tattoo Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-06-2019, 11:04 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Would like some advice on my sleeve :)

Hi everyone!

First off anyone that wants to give any negative comments on my tattoos are not going to get the reaction from me they want. I love my tattoos and as long as I like them... Then that is the main thing! So looking from serious advice from tattoo lovers out there!

Looking for some advice on my black and grey sleeve. As you can see from the pictures the front of my forearm and bicep are very densely packed with hardly any spacing between, however the front of my forearm has alot of spacing in shading which I'm looking to get filled in so that it "flows" better with the other side! Just looking for general ideas on what I could put in between! Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Would like some advice on my sleeve :)-img_20190612_233111.jpg   Would like some advice on my sleeve :)-img_20190612_233014.jpg  
CSE91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2019, 09:48 PM   #2
Chat Slut

So negative comments can't be "serious"?

Ok then!
nisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2019, 12:10 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

I've honestly thought about this a couple times but can't think of anything too helpful to say. The area you're talking about is a sky so you're pretty limited. More birds? Darken the clouds up to create some better contrast?

If it was me, I think I'd take the background and just turn it into some high contrast abstract flowy patterns. In other words, don't try to add to the foreground, put in a kick ass background. I'd let him draw whatever he wanted on the whole arm to make it more cohesive. I'd make sure you have a good artist you trust though before you go that route. Seems like an easy thing to mess up.

Check out this page. It does a good job of showing how a well executed background design can make the whole tattoo.

Instagram: @greeniedavewood
DGreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #4
Chat Virgin

Thanks DGreenwood. That's a good idea! Im caught between adding more to the forearm to darken it up or to just enhance the shading. I would just like the back to look similar to how the front it really. Appreciate the help
CSE91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #5
Jedi Chat Master

I agree with the suggestion of making the background darker. Japanese style clouds like many of the ones linked in that page could work.

Otherwise the sky might look too crowded if you fill it with birds.
Chickabiddybex is offline   Reply With Quote