Old 03-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Flash Battle

Hello guys

I'm new to this community, and only beginning to scratch the surface of this art form (no pun intended), and it came to my mind that there could be a periodical flash competition somewhere in this forum:

it is great to dissect and comment on known artists' tattoos and even better to post fresh, original work, for honest feedback, but whereas the latter might not come as often as one would want, to achieve the formers' skill level will required "some" honing down the road. And the only way to do it is by drawing as much as possible.

I believe these "FLASH BATTLES", would benefit every contender, as well as the other visitors, who probably would be motivated to join afterwards, say whenever a given theme was of his/ her interest?

So, just for the sake of the art, i would like to hear your opinion in this regard. It could be a monthly battle; each month, a specific theme X body placement combo; there could be, for instance, more than one rendition per contender, as long as the style was different (e.g., dot work & neo-trad); no digitally manipulated work or photo edit raw traditional media, only; criteria, such as "tattooability", line quality, flow, proportion, readability, and so forth... As for the prize, i foresee mad respect from the community, hours put into doing actual art and, possibly, new designs that could be inked out of the box.

Anywayze, thanks for letting my add my two cents.
Cheers,
scorpiosnunicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
Dev

Great idea, I'd just start doing it... create a new thread in the tattoo talk and see who wants to get in on it!
davidarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:57 AM   #3
Chat Virgin

Thank you David

i thought i could assert whichever suggestions i had in this section, regardless of not being related to the website's usability. But. hey, they don't call me a virgin for nothing
scorpiosnunicorns is offline   Reply With Quote