Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Apprenticeships/Advice/New to Tattooing...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
The Colt

Send a message via MSN to DeadOne
Default Critique Me (Anonymous CONSTRUCTIVE Critique Thread)

You asked for it, its here, the anonymous constructive critique thread.

If you would like your work critiqued post it up in here, but under the complete understanding that you WILL get a completely no holds barred honest response.

If you don't think you can deal with an honest response DO NOT POST WORK IN HERE.

There are several rules to this thread that will be adhered too or this thread WILL BE DELETED:

1-If your posting up your work to be critiqued you HAVE to remain anonymous, that way we eliminate all possibilities of an unfair critiquing.

2-You CAN NOT respond to your critiquing. Opinions of the critiques are not open for debate or discussion, you wanted to be critiqued you got it. Don't come back on whinging if you think you got an unfair critiquing.

3-You HAVE to say whether you want critique from everyone or tattooers only, tattooers are anyone who currently have artist section membership.

4-If somebody states that they only want TATTOOERS critique and a non tattooer critiques them, the comment will be deleted and the poster warned, do this 3 times and your banned for a week.

5-Keep it constructive or go home.

6-If the critique me user id is used anywhere else on the forums or misused in anyway, the member misusing it will be banned for 3 months. Don't be dicks guys and girls.

7-No Arguing.

8-No technical talk. For example no talk of needle groupings, shading techniques or machine advice.

Username: CritiqueMe
Password: bobsucks

Go for it.

Last edited by DeadOne; 07-03-2008 at 11:00 AM.
DeadOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
Banned

Interesting thread...I'm looking forward to see how this pans out
cherryghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Think I will have to get the popcorn in by the lorry load for this thread
rob1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
Normal for Norfolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1968
Think I will have to get the popcorn in by the lorry load for this thread
With any luck this thread won't end up in a slanging match and will be used as was intended. I think it's a good idea and I look forward to seeing the stuff posted in here.
Q. According to Freud, what comes between fear and sex?
A. FŁnf.
cunningstunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
Chat Slut

Good idea - reminds me of a forum called The Whipping Post on a photography site I frequent.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Seriously I hope not either cunning
rob1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
Banned

Very good idea. Who's feeling brave, then?
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadOne
3-You HAVE to say whether you want critique from everyone or tattooers only, tattooers are anyone who currently have artist section membership.

4-If somebody states that they only want TATTOOERS critique and a non tattooer critiques them, the comment will be deleted and the poster warned, do this 3 times and your banned for a week.
Yeah, we're just the suckas who pay for 'em. What does our opinion matter?

In all seriousness, though, I think that's a rogue inclusion, Bob. Non-tattooers will simply be less likely to comment on technical ability, but surely they have a right to opine on look, placement, use of colour, etc?

Your thread, your rules. Just sayin' is all.
David T-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
Jedi Chat Master

I think it's fair for the poster to have that option. TBH, if I posted, the opinions that would matter most would be of working tattooists. It's not that lay people don't have a valid opinion, but it would be just that. It's just I'd prefer to be constructively critiqued by my peers, it would make more sense, and it's less based upon personal preference more of an understanding of the whole process.
Mythistory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #10
Chat Slut

I think one of the rules should also be that the work you are posting is your own work and not used to get back at someone else! Just a thought!