Old 15-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #21
zoller_hellcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepheat View Post
I can mop but don't do tea only squash or coffie.
I'm afraid you're out of your depth then...come back when you've learnt to make a decent cuppa
Old 15-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #22
Jedi Chat Master

I would dearly love to work in a busy studio, to be next to something that your passionate about, BUT I have absolutely no artisic skills, have never even thought about becoming an artist !! So where does that leave us that would rather just be front of house ?? Is the pay good ?? What skills do I need ?? Do these jobs ever come up or do we all have to want an apprentiship ?? I can understand your frustration and there are some twats out there who want to make a quick buck !! Has my time passed ?? Am I to old to still want to do it !!

Fuck this is not making a lot of sence, sorry !! Been a crap day !!
Old 15-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #23
Rue
Jedi Chat Master

haha, id love to work in a tattoo shop, but i too have no artistic abilities. I am a retail manager though so maybe one day i could manage a tattoo shop...the very much stigma-attached non tattooing tattoo shop manager..
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #24
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rue View Post
haha, id love to work in a tattoo shop, but i too have no artistic abilities. I am a retail manager though so maybe one day i could manage a tattoo shop...the very much stigma-attached non tattooing tattoo shop manager..
Agreed, I have been a depot manager for the last 4 years so the business and people skills are there !! Plus I can make a mean cup of tea or coffee !!
Old 15-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #25
Jedi Chat Master

Every studio needs someone to be out front & deal with the public. This is what I do most of the time.
If that's what you wanted to do, then I'd bring in a CV to studios personally.

My grumble was with those people who want to be Tattoo apprentices. Its obviously different for people who want Piercing apprenticeships or who want to manage the studios.

Oh, & I don't think there's much stigma attached to Non-tattooing managers anymore. I know a few well-liked people who just manage the studio. Its a fucking hard job!!!
Gothika85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #26
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika85 View Post
Every studio needs someone to be out front & deal with the public. This is what I do most of the time.
If that's what you wanted to do, then I'd bring in a CV to studios personally.

My grumble was with those people who want to be Tattoo apprentices. Its obviously different for people who want Piercing apprenticeships or who want to manage the studios.

Oh, & I don't think there's much stigma attached to Non-tattooing managers anymore. I know a few well-liked people who just manage the studio. Its a fucking hard job!!!
I can imagine it to be a very hard job, dealing with the knobs that want everything now and those that wont wait !! Diplomacy is one of the keys to your profesion !!

There are very few good reputable studios near me, I have idea what the money is like so I wouldnt even hazard a guess !!

I think it would be something I would greatly enjoy !! que a career change and runs off to do a new CV !!
Old 15-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #27
Always Underestimated

Send a message via MSN to brooksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1968 View Post
Agreed, I have been a depot manager for the last 4 years so the business and people skills are there !! Plus I can make a mean cup of tea or coffee !!
Go for it Rob, a mate of mine has done something similar.
"Don't ever let them see you coming. That's the gaffe my friend. You gotta keep yourself small. Innocuous. Be the little guy. You know, the nerd... the leper... shit-kickin' surfer. Look at me. Underestimated from day one. You'd never think I was a master of the universe, now would ya?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysilva View Post
"Anyone with the desire for power should never be given it"
brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #28
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksy View Post
Go for it Rob, a mate of mine has done something similar.
Its definately a thought mate, may have to relocate but was looking to move anyway !!
Old 15-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #29
Chat Slut

I'd liketo own my own studio one day but being a non artist I bet its very hard to be taken seriously. I obviously will not even attempt this venture untill I can make a wide range of warm drinks.
Deepheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #30
Jedi Chat Master

Its not about the Tattooing. Its all about the Tea!! Hahahahaha
Gothika85 is offline   Reply With Quote