Old 30-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #31
Chat Virgin

would just like to say lovely thread.
Oil painting is a great way of using colour.
yes drying times a lot more than acrylic and water colours.
But the end result is more satisfying for exploring
and experimenting with colours,acrylic can be used as a base,
for laying out your piece and laying oils thin with a good mix of linseed oil will speed up drying time ten fold,yet also leave a nice glaze and finish to the painting.also any colour can be painted over once dry,also don't forget to glaze the finish painting in some nice clear varnish makes them look amazing and all the best ,not to jump on the thread but,oils is a great art to explore .and have fun!
Old 30-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #32
m_c
Chat Virgin

i have been using pencil crayons for awhile now as i cant paint for shit. but i want to get a better colour and look to my pictures. ive heard promarkers are good. does any one here use them and are they any good?
m_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #33
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_c View Post
i have been using pencil crayons for awhile now as i cant paint for shit. but i want to get a better colour and look to my pictures. ive heard promarkers are good. does any one here use them and are they any good?
hi m_c ,yes from what ive been reading and seen,pro marker look a very good choice and a reasonable price for art.
iam looking to use some in the near future,as myself would like to work on a portfolio,even if for my own satisfaction lol.i will post some work ,when i get some on paper