Old 08-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
Mumbler

Default Seeking Apprenticeship in Kent area and Portfolio Advice

Hey everyone,
My name is Zakki, I'm passionate about drawing and art itself. I've been drawing for about 10 years now, studying and improving all time time.

I live in Chatham, Kent and decided its time to widen my search and get on the road to my dreams. I'm currently seeking an apprenticeship, I've seen so many great artists in the area and I'd be honored to learn under someone with so much talent.

Please check out my album, any feedback and tips will be amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
Seeking Apprenticeship in Kent area and Portfolio Advice-mermaidmarked.jpg   Seeking Apprenticeship in Kent area and Portfolio Advice-dragonmarked.jpg  

Last edited by ZakkiMasquerade; 12-06-2013 at 11:26 PM.
ZakkiMasquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
Chat Virgin

u look good m8 in=m in hastnig ring me on 07511178323 but u will have 2 pay
tattoo lounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Mumbler

Heyy there, thanks for the input, I'm currently unable to travel a lot so Hastings is too far away from me =[ I'm looking to be driving asap, in the meantime, do you have any tips for me on portfolios or things artists look for? Thanks
Old 15-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Chat Slut

@ ZakkiMasquerade - I have seen Tattoo Lounge post the same message on others looking for an apprenticeship. Also traditionaly you don't pay for an apprenticeship, with the amount of times theyve posted the same message I'd be careful that they just want your money.

Your work is really nice, particually your dragons, do you prefer japanese style? It would be really good if you experiemted using different materials to create your art and build a varied portfolio. Visit tattoo studios close to you and always ask to show your work. Iv been in a few, ask if theyre taking on, but always get 'no', then I ask to show my work, which sometimes is another 'no' but other times i get some helpful advice. It will take a while to get there, but keep at it, dont give up
Kathryn_h_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
Mumbler

Thanks for your reply =3 I've spent a while in a tattoo studio close to me and got some awesome advice from them, some good tips and an allaround feel of the atmosphere. I LOVED it. I'm working right now on varying my portfolio, I have a lot of pieces but none up to showing standards yet. I agree with you on the money situation, the atists I was working with all advised me not to pay. On problem I have, how is it possible to relocate and find money for rent whilst studying?
Old 25-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
Chat Slut

It's best to have a regular job to fund your apprenticeship, whether it's shop work or bar work
Most artists are understanding when it comes to apprentices only being able to learn part time as they also need a part time payed job, so it's worth doing both some job hunting and apprenticeship hunting at the same time
Kathryn_h_w is offline   Reply With Quote