Old 13-02-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default re-starting my portfolio.. need answers!!

hi guys I'm restarting my portfolio today and I just have a few questions..

1. what's the best brand of colours/pencils/felt tips etc to use to colour designs?
2. do you guys use tracing paper or normal paper to present your portfolio?
3. what's the best way to present your portfolio? folders/sketchbooks etc
4. how many drawings should be in one?

the reason in asking is because I went for an interview for an apprenticeship yesterday and they told me my drawings were good, however my portfolio was of standard quality due to the colours I used and the folder I brought it in, they told me I need to get my portfolio to a high standard and go back as they would like to hire me. any tips? thanks
libbyidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
mog
Jedi Chat Master

Depends on the style, but prismacolour pencils are very bright ,great depth of colour and blendable, copic markers are great for more traditional and neo traditional styles.
Not sure why you'd use tracing paper , might make them question originality?
A good quality photo album would work, something you can leaf through easily and work is protected.
15-20 would do it i expect- but only good stuff, if its not your best leave it out as it'll bring down the rest.