Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2004, 01:00 PM   #1
The Buck Stops Here...

Default New Website Thoughts Please...

We are starting work on our new Skin Deep / Skin Shots website.

Not the forum (just updated that), but the bit most of you probably skip by to get to the land of gossip

The reason for this thread is that I would like some thoughts (not too Bizzarre) on any new features you may like to see.

I am not promising that we will be able to do everything you guys suggest, but if we can, we will.

Your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The countdown conundrum clock has begun tick....tick.....tick.....
Old 02-07-2004, 04:33 PM   #2
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Tracey uk

How about NOT freezing threads so we can all have our say.... I thought we all still had the freedom of speech!!!!!!!!
Tracey uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:29 AM   #3
Rambler

Thumbs down

Dear Stuart,

As you have the final decisions on ads that go into Skin Deep, I presume you were responsible for the "Come On Boys" 100% Biker advert that I wrote a letter of complaint about some months ago.

In the same vein, I do not find your 'avatar' picture appropriate for the forum, especially not from someone in your position at the magazine.

Perhaps you should think more carefully about who the readers of your mag and users of your site are and leave the girly pics for a greasy mechanics garage.

Emma

(I don't mean any offence to mechanics out there!)
Old 04-07-2004, 10:29 AM   #4
It Works!

Send a message via MSN to inkylady
Default thoughts !

as it's a tattoo site supposedly for over 18's /adults (some over 18's have a long way to go ) I don't see the problem with asmall ammount of nudity , that out of the way , at the moment there is not much (execpt the forums ) to grab the attention , even the colour is dull (uninspireing) brown , as tattoos are art (we will ignore the fact for the moment that some clearly arn't) could we have something more colourful & artistic ? & perhaps a small piece explaining the folly of getting tattooed by a non proffessional / not checking out your artist . More pics of Great tattoo's !! I am off to change my avatar to something a little more "adult " (sorry folks)
inkylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
The Buck Stops Here...

If a girl bending over, showing a picture of a tattoo on her bum signifies smut to you, then sorry, but you really must get out more

The reason for this post is to get ideas for our 'new look' website, not to tell me whether I am morally right or wrong.

Website thoughts only pretty please

C'mon guys you must have loads of 'good', and 'cretive' ideas for a site most of you use everyday or at least every week.

Last edited by Stuart Mears; 04-07-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Stuart Mears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:44 AM   #6
Banned

Smile Something serious?

Putting all other threads aside .... I for one would like to see a few articles which focus on the current legislation in the UK as a whole (not the usual English version whilst we Scots have to seek other sources). A nice full page list of current rules and regs which could be copied, laminated and put on display in the studio for the public to read would be nice.
I would also like to see some articles on courses and seminars which are available in the UK covering Environmental Health etc. My local EHO are really on the ball in this area and provide 1 day courses covering loads of issues, but a national list would be nice too .... a day away is always a good thing!
More interviews with UK based artists would be nice (sorry Phil ) and what about a few more freebies on offer via some really simple competition that even I could answer??? (that was a hint by the way!)
AlanMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #7
The Buck Stops Here...

Alan

Thanks for your comments, can't see why we can't put all those thoughts into practise.

Nice one
Old 04-07-2004, 02:40 PM   #8
Banned

Thumbs up True ...

laughed there Penny .... true what you say .... BUT .... if more journalists did articles which perhaps showed up some of the poorer EHO's ... or the better provisions offered by some, it might ..... (and I do mean M I G H T ... just start the ball rolling towards a national standard being layed out and agreed upon ..... it's a start .... maybe even if SD did a regional article once a month with the local EHO invited to interview .... well .....
besides .... they did ask for ideas!

PS: hope they remember the freebies and easy competition!

Last edited by AlanMoon; 04-07-2004 at 02:41 PM. Reason: forgot to hint!
Old 04-07-2004, 08:24 PM   #9
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Tracey uk

It would be nice if there was a decent tattoo studio list and not one that just advertises the number of the studio. One that has the list of artists and where possible pictures of their work with testimonials from customers would be good. Not just the places in London either.
Tracey uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:05 AM   #10
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise
well, if all the eho's went the same way as St Helens, then I think you would find a lot more underground tattooists,,,

you have to use Intense ink, or any ink that you can find with a bottled and use buy date....and as far as i know only intense from global has this at present, the eho visit as often as 4 times a month, you have to have your clave spore tested every 6 months, or when ever the eho deam fit to want 1, meaning you have to close your studio, and the eho appoint some one to test it, and ive been told thats around £400 a time.....so if all ehos were reading from the same page....then some eho's are going to have to lightem up, and others tighenen up their rules and reg.

I think wrexham is fairly lax, but that aint any excuse for laxness in cleanlyness
Sounds very Victorian .....
just a small bit of info for you ... I use mainly Starbright, and on the bottle labels they provide you with the Lot #, Date Produced, and Date best used by ...(normally a 2 year lifespan)
There must be a happy medium for the rules and regs, and I wouldn't like to see them going down the route of St Helens EHO's ... sounds like a hidden agenda to me!
I'm sure you'll agree though .... most of us are happy to go the extra mile when it comes to meeting the regs ... I for one wear my disposable apron, disposable gloves, disposable face mask and disposable mop hat ...... any more and I am definately going to perform "face lifts while you wait" procedures!