Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
Chatter Box

Default Tattoo Documentary? Something positive for a change!:)

Hey guys,was reading the thread a few weeks ago, that the lass from BBC3 wrote, and found that i was sadly annoyed that, like many others on this forum, there has never been a documentary made that puts tattooing in a positive light. I decided then to watch the show. I Managed to just about survive watching the first 3 mins of the show on bbc i player ('which makes the unmissble still sadly avalible'-steve punt-now show) before connie huck did my tits in. What is it about peoples ignorance i.e producers and documentary filmmakers,that make them view tattooing in such a negative light. is it the stigma that surrounds tattooing, linking it with crime, drug abuse and selfharm? of course. typical fucking media. anyway, i digress.
What i am proposing to do in the coming months, is to slowly start getting people involved in making a documentary that shows tattooing in a positive light, yet doesn't go down the age old route of miami,LA,london ink. I hope to do this completly independently as i am in the fortunate position of becoming a fellow of my university thus being able to use their equipment. woohoo!!
Basically what i am asking is for opinions, ideas, interests from people who want to get involved, because i feel the commuity on here has alot of positive things to say, which 'normal' documentary film makers try to exploit etc.
I think its about time that the people within the tattoo community where able to express their own passions,education and mainly their work to a wider audience, and try to educate people that, as a community, the tattooed aren't always allowed to do.
A b line to this idea (and this is no doubt going to change as this does deviate slightly from the positive i was talking about) is to touch on the subject of avaliblility of equipment through ebay and the such like, as well as educating about scratchers and to a point, what makes a good tattoo/tattoo artst. I know this may sound snobbish, (hell i no in the eyes of sum i aint inked, and what i do have is pretty shite!!! i am fully aware, pot/kettle/black etc but i feel my passion for tattooing out weighs my lack of ink!) but i see amazing work whenever i am at shows, and i feel very priviledged to take photographs, not just for SD but for myself too, and i feel alot of people who rush into getting tattooed, don't educate themselves with looking at some of the amazing artists that are avalible. i feel that if i can change one persons opinion of tattooing or someone holds back on getting a tramp stamp and instead waits and researches, then i feel the purpose of the documentary will be fulfilled.
Sorry to ramble on (got led zep in me had now. ffs!) but i feel that this is something that has to be said and done!
Hope this idea fires up some opinions and some creative views.
thanks for reading
x
Old 16-08-2008, 10:49 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

1) what was it called?

2) is it still on iplayer?
Give_Me_Fire_Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Chatter Box

When beaut goes wrong...
And i think its on iplayer still just waiting for the page to load, could be thi piece of crap laptop that is causing it not to load. grrrrr
oh its loaded heres the link mat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00cv00t/
Old 16-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
Jedi Chat Master

just found it and watched a bit

what a load of cock.

Old 16-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
Chatter Box

haahaa to right. i was amazed that konnie huq was trying to be a hard hitting investigative reporter. she was bad enough on fucking blue peter.
Old 16-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Live Action Auteur

How would you publish the finished film?
PaulaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #7
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBean View Post
How would you publish the finished film?
well thinking dvd/webspace to start with but big plan to try and get chanel 4 or 5involved. got a couple of contacts but its a wait and see thing really. always a bitch!
Old 16-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

there already kind of is a positive docu about modified people, ironically called modified.

if you can get past the annoying chubby twee girl who thinks "pain is soooooo like.. gorgeous.."
Old 16-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #9
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Me_Fire_Shorts View Post
there already kind of is a positive docu about modified people, ironically called modified.

if you can get past the annoying chubby twee girl who thinks "pain is soooooo like.. gorgeous.."
haahaa aye to true. was thinking more on the lines of british based if that makes sense. thee was that art shok show on channel 4 a couple of years ago which kinda touched on tattooing but ket going on about pain! humm wanna base it soely on tattooing mind. where as modify is a culmination of many different type of body modification. that make sense?
Old 16-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #10
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymohican View Post
haahaa aye to true. was thinking more on the lines of british based if that makes sense. thee was that art shok show on channel 4 a couple of years ago which kinda touched on tattooing but ket going on about pain! humm wanna base it soely on tattooing mind. where as modify is a culmination of many different type of body modification. that make sense?
tattooing and pain go hand in hand.

whast the first question "n00bs" ask..

1) did/does it hurt?
2) why?
3) howmuch!!?!?!?!?

etc