Old 21-06-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
Chat Slut

Default Birmingham tattoo studios/artists

Can anyone recommend their favorite tattoo studios and artists in birmingham?
I have had a couple of pieces done at various places, all of which I have been happy with! But Id really like your input as to who and where is regarded as being top notch.

Thanks.

ps hope this is the right section for this sort of thread
10th Planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
Banned

In Brum, wouldn't go to anyone but Jo Harrison or Leah Moule, but it depends what you're into.
cherryghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via ICQ to halftone Send a message via AIM to halftone Send a message via MSN to halftone

Or Dawnii ......
Old 21-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
Chat Slut

OK I will look them up... any websites??

I really want to get tattoo'd by someone who is from brum, born and bred. who understands birmingham and certainly has a studio here. This is cus my next tattoo is a tribute to brum, where i was born and where i have lived all my life (no its not some guady MADE IN BIRMINGHAM chest piece with a big bulls head in the middle, lol, rather, its a simple outline more with a gentle nod in the direction of a couple of brums major landmarks.)

well enough about the tattoo itself- i can post up some ideas if anyone is interested enough.

mostly i would like to have a look at some websites and possibly pop into one or two studios to get an idea of the vibe and the artists work, altho its not a very detailed piece, i imagine it will make relatively easy work for the tattooist, probably an hour, maybe 2 max. i do need some design work done though.

thanks
Old 21-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
Chat Slut

Thumbs up

ok i jus looked them up, i had been on the modern body art website already. definitely looks like its worth serious consideration, some exceptional tattoos in the galleries. anyone from this forum been inked by em?
Old 21-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
Queen of F***ing Everything

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyChick

You do know that just because someone has a studio in Birmingham it doesn't necessarily mean the artist is from Birmingham don't you?

For example in Liverpool I'd recommend Tome Sugar but I'm pretty sure he's not a scouser!

If the piece is that important to you you should be trying to find the best tattooist not the most Brum tattooist

Muffins are for people too scared to order cake for breakfast

It's OK to have fun
MonkeyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
Enjoy Responsibly

If you want 'just a simple outline' tattoo, then I cant see any of the studios mentioned, or a few others, even considering doing it for you. These are busy world class artists who want to show their art to the world

www.nurosetattoos.com
BRIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2009, 11:50 PM   #8
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyChick View Post
You do know that just because someone has a studio in Birmingham it doesn't necessarily mean the artist is from Birmingham don't you?
Yes Im aware of this, ta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIM View Post
If you want 'just a simple outline' tattoo, then I cant see any of the studios mentioned, or a few others, even considering doing it for you. These are busy world class artists who want to show their art to the world
Thats up to them then really. Its very artistic (i think) even though not particularly elaborate. The artistic element is the design of the tattoo, not necesarrily the execution. I like simple tattoos and thats all ill consider having for the moment, i appreciate all kinds of tattoos and seen some amazing ones on this forum, but i jus like to keep it sweet!!