Old 31-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #1
Rambler

Default Tattoos and Music?

I see tattooing is associated with Rock/Metal music but I'm into more house/garage/grime music so just wondered what you were all into .

Recently I've been listening to much more rock music like i used to when I was younger, I've even swapped my decks for my old strat which I'm proper excited about!

Stuff I'm feeling at the moment incluuuude...

Rock stuff:
QOTSA
AC/DC
Hendrix
Free
Fleetwood Mac
Them Crooked Vultures

Electronic Stuff:
SBTRKT
Justin Martin
Kode 9
EL-B
MJ Cole
Deadboy
L-VIS 1990
Redlight
D Double E
P Money
Sinden

Would like to get just the general consensus of music liked by this forum

Cheers,
Joe
joe_heppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

The assumption that all tattooists like rock & metal really winds me up. So many conventions have been ruined over the years by hearing yet another chundery old version of Sweet Home Alabama or some other "rock classic".

I know lots of people do like it, and fair play, each to their own, but I appreciate the fact that in recent years there has been a move away from this stereotype and more variety of music has been introduced to the convention scene.

Customers are even surprised that we don't listen to metal or rock all day. Why? I have no idea.

Personally I tend to listen to radio 2 a lot, especially Jeremy Vine so I can either shout at the radio or discuss the topics with my customers, it makes time pass quicker.

But can't stand Steve Wright (music taste is, well, not mine!) so its Ipod for the afternoon with has everything from the Meteors to Burt Bacarach and Siouxsie to Simon & Garfunkle! But no electronic (not heard of a single one of your list, sorry!) and no dance music/R&B.
WendyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Jedi Chat Master

[QUOTE=WENDYT;629682]
Personally I tend to listen to radio 2 a lot, especially Jeremy Vine so I can either shout at the radio or discuss the topics with my customers, it makes time pass quicker.QUOTE]

Me too!!! I love Radio 2, I've learnt so much listening to Jezza Vine since about 2002. I also like to have a shout at the idiots on the radio!
The assumption all tattoo shops are heaving with heavy metal is a bit annoying, it's usually drum n bass or dubstep when it's my shift haha.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
Rambler

haha jeremy vine gets on my nerves! Although I agree some of the discussions are funny as, especially the daft ones like 'Would you risk your life to save your dog' etc.

What kind of dubstep are you into beany? I DJ dubstep quite regulary in Leeds/Newcastle.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
Live Action Auteur

Big band swing, jazz and country.

(but I like punk and metal too)
PaulaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to Ena Sharples

I love rock music, mainly the likes of bands ACDC< Priest, etc. But I do love other kinds of music.Really love what Gwen Stefani did when she left No Doubt and I am also a big fan of No Doubt too.
Dont mind a bit of blues, classical to name a couple and when I want to unwind in the car, I switch to Classic FM
Ena Sharples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
Rambler

Can't say I agree with you on gwen stefani... but no doubt were sick though! Are they back together now?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_heppy View Post
I see tattooing is associated with Rock/Metal music but I'm into more house/garage/grime music so just wondered what you were all into .

Recently I've been listening to much more rock music like i used to when I was younger, I've even swapped my decks for my old strat which I'm proper excited about!

Stuff I'm feeling at the moment incluuuude...

Rock stuff:
QOTSA
AC/DC

Hendrix
Free
Fleetwood Mac
Them Crooked Vultures

Electronic Stuff:
SBTRKT
Justin Martin
Kode 9
EL-B
MJ Cole
Deadboy
L-VIS 1990
Redlight
D Double E
P Money
Sinden

Would like to get just the general consensus of music liked by this forum

Cheers,
Joe
those & a lot of the so called stoner/grunge bands & oldies like Sonic Youth, Pixies & Kyuss.
missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #9
cab
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via Yahoo to cab

Big reggae fan mainly roots but enjoy some toasting and ragga. Dub and Ska to. Also into some rock and pop and dont mind jazz. Although was told that jazz is lift music other day. Im not sure what dubstep is but for me the king of dub is Lee Perry.
Hasta la victoria siempre, ¡Patria o Muerte!
cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab View Post
Big reggae fan mainly roots but enjoy some toasting and ragga. Dub and Ska to. Also into some rock and pop and dont mind jazz. Although was told that jazz is lift music other day. Im not sure what dubstep is but for me the king of dub is Lee Perry.
I find if you like dub, you'll hate dubstep at first, but once you get past all the hype and bullshit, you'll find some chilled out stuff that you may enjoy.

Check digital mystikz, burial, Loefah