Old 25-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
Chat Slut

Default DiscWorld_Tattoo?

Ive been playing with a tattoo idea in my head for the last few weeks, a large piece, possibly back or whole thigh.. based on the novels of Terry Pratchett, and the illustrations of his book covers done by a guy named Paul Kidby.

Im not sure if these would work as tattoos, or would be appreciated by people who arent actual fans of the books themselves, but i think the illustrations capture the wackiness and colorful nature of the DiscWorld novels, and would be a unique idea for a tattoo.

I suppose it would be a pretty large project, and i would have to carefully consider which artist would be best for the job. Its still in the thought tank stage at the moment. But any feedback, especially from those familiar with the novels, would be much welcome

*il try and add some pics for reference so you know what im talking about
NEIL_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #2
Mumbler

Ive always liked the covers of the Discworld books and have thought myself that they would make interesting tattoos.

I was getting some work done from Bez at Triplesix the other day and he happen to mention he was doing a back peice on some guy who was getting 3 discworld covers. I think he said he was doing death on a motorbike which i believe is from the cover of Soul music, the witches from Wyrd sisters and....something else i dont remember but I would definately consider getting a tattoo from the discworld books
MOJOryZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
Chat Slut

Ohhhh coool, guess someone beat me to the idea then lol, but i was thinking of getting the actual Discworld tattooed. Otherwise known as Great A'tuin. For those that arent familiar, its a giant flat disc of land and water and a giant mountain, supported on the backS of four elephants, which stand on the back of a giant turtle, that swims through space. Hmmmmm, wonder if that might put a tattooist off ha.
Old 25-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Mumbler

Yeah i think Great A'tuin would make an awesome tattoo like you say it would need to be a big piece.
MOJOryZEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
Lav
Chat Slut

I'm not a big Pratchett fan but my mate is so I know the Great A'tuin artwork and i think it would look fantastico !
Old 25-07-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
Queen of F***ing Everything

Send a message via MSN to MonkeyChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEIL_D View Post
Ohhhh coool, guess someone beat me to the idea then lol, but i was thinking of getting the actual Discworld tattooed. Otherwise known as Great A'tuin. For those that arent familiar, its a giant flat disc of land and water and a giant mountain, supported on the backS of four elephants, which stand on the back of a giant turtle, that swims through space. Hmmmmm, wonder if that might put a tattooist off ha.
Someone from this forum already has this!! Inkylady I think it was

Muffins are for people too scared to order cake for breakfast

It's OK to have fun
MonkeyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
Chat Slut

oooooooooooooooo, i really must see a pic. thanks for help guys
Old 31-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #8
Jedi Chat Master

i did a full pratchett/kidby sleave about 2 years ago... i'll find the pics.... also paul kidby has done a few sets of flash for jenny clarke based on the pratchett stuff....
Old 07-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
Chat Slut

havent been on for a while- sleeve sounds cool joe upload a pic if you can. Ive been struggling to find some decent reference images of great a'tuin, ive been on deviant, and google... and ive looked on jenny clarkes stuff after reading this but couldnt see anything discworld related