Go Back   Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum > Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
Chat Virgin

Default Wish I had waited for Tattoos

Well here it goes, im am covered in tattoos and when I started getting tattoos done I went to some pretty seedy shops, now with a bit more knowledge about tattoos and alot of artists to choose from and having been to conventions I have had some amazing tattoos. Does anyone else wish they had waited for those amazing artists to come along instead of having to make the choice of getting alot of there early worked either covered or lasered to make room for new work?
I know I do.
Steve_Byrne_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Mumbler

i would say no cos the artist im using now is very good and unless your clued up on tattoos you may see someones work as good until you get a better artist who makes you see its shit! its a learning game and some people me included do things the hard way! lucky for me mines been covered over.
"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor." LOG
Inked_Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked_Viking View Post
i would say no cos the artist im using now is very good and unless your clued up on tattoos you may see someones work as good until you get a better artist who makes you see its shit! its a learning game and some people me included do things the hard way! lucky for me mines been covered over.
Yeah it looks like im gona have to get alot of work either covered if it can be done or lasered !
Old 26-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
Chat Slut

No because the first tattoo artist I saw that made me want a tattoo was paul booth when I was 15 and I waited
Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
No because the first tattoo artist I saw that made me want a tattoo was paul booth when I was 15 and I waited
Fuck awsome my problem was when I was 15 I walked into a seedy ass shop and got my first tattoo, haha ill never get rid of it though
Old 26-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Live Action Auteur

No, I subscribe to the idea that you just get a better tattoo next to the shitty old one. If I didn't have the shitty old ones, I couldn't play my second favourite game "My crap tattoo is crapper than your crap tattoo".

I'd hate to be like the youngsters that just have designer sleeves and backpieces.
PaulaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
V
Chatter Box

Have to agree. I had a swallow on my shoulder when I was 15 and it is still very dear to my heart because if I hadn't had it I probably wouldn't have had any more done. There are always regrets but I'd rather have rework than lazer any day. And I'll never get rid of my little swallow x
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 08:59 PM   #8
Need To Get Out More!

I'm thinking of getting my first tattoo covered or lasered.Not because its bad or I dislike it, its just taking up a bit of prime skin.Its a small 3inch tattoo slap bang in the middle of the top of my arm.
Got two more pieces of poorish quality work, one on each shoulder blade.I don't really regret them,just possibly wish I had something better.
keithski122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
V
Chatter Box

Totally understand you. I have a band from years ago (you can see it on my avatar) that I don't dislike. It may be unfashionable now, but it's still part of me and my history. And it's not that bad. But it does get in the way of a whole sleeve. I have been thinking for ages of a way of working around it or under it or whatever, but it was pointed out that if I just had some laser treatment my options would be wide open. I've got lots of bare flesh to work on yet, but I think I may get this lasered eventually and a full sleeve started, whenever I can think of what to have done...
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
Mumbler

I got a tribal flash piece and a celtic band back in the day, and have never regretted them at all. Even though the tribal is now covered with a rather nice Koi 3/4 sleeve and the band is halfway through a dragon/floral sleeve. The new pieces were designed by me and hold a lot of personal meaning, and the fact that you can't see any of the tribal piece speaks volumes as to how the artists have progressed.

I'm glad I got what I did at the time, and like I say, I've never once regretted them, I just love the work I've got now a hell of a lot more.
Megzilla is offline   Reply With Quote