Old 22-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #1
Fridge Magnet

Default Now I'm Mad

Just had an asian kid come to my door with a bucket "We're raising money for pakistan" he said........

Well not at my bloody house he's not

Only last week i had a row at my kids school coz they were having an own clothes day to raise money for pakistan, cost 1.00.
So i phoned the school and expressed my concern, only to be told that they always raise money for people in need.
Did they raise money for people in cumbria when they had floods??
Did they raise money for the tsunami appeal??
Did they raise money for those poor buggers in america??
Nope not a single penny.....
So i kept my kids off school

I mean c'mon its about time this country had its arse slapped

Last edited by ivory grappler; 22-10-2005 at 02:17 PM. Reason: spelling
ivory grappler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
Jedi Chat Master

I don't want to get into a fight here but...

The recent devastation in Pakistan has created a serious need for financial assistance. Please try and put aside your prejudices and have some compassion for all the people affected.
Combat Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
Fridge Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat Kitten

The recent devastation in Pakistan has created a serious need for financial assistance. Please try and put aside your prejudices and have some compassion for all the people affected.
Not prejudiced, just think if you give to one you should give to them all
Old 22-10-2005, 02:25 PM   #4
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rockabillyhun

i wounder what percentage of the money raised actually made it to pakistan
rockabillyhun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 02:26 PM   #5
We Are Not Worthy

Quote:

RUBBISH! pakistan is refusing aide from its next door country because the helicopter pilots are indian and will not allow them to fly into pakistan airspace!!!!!!! you going to have any compassion for the elderly that cant afford to turn there heating on this winter????? See Bush if theres any oil in pakistan he will be there like a shot
Old 22-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #6
Jedi Chat Master

Send a message via MSN to fluffer

i hate pakistan

www.gentlebentattooer.co.uk
fluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 02:42 PM   #7
Jedi Chat Master

fucking say what you mean.....................!

inkcastle bebo

inkcastle website

myspace inkcastle
PERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #8
Need To Get Out More!

Charities suck.
I was talking with my tatooist the other day and he's in a Bike club that raises money for charity but they don't give the money to organised charities, they go to the local kids hospital or whatever and ask what they need, new scanner or some new fangled machine the government won't pay out for, and they buy it for them. No scumbags to go dipping into it that way.
I suffer with a couple of illnesses (not going to go into it) but the only times I've ever been approached by charities, that supposedly support people like me, is when they want money. Who exactly gets the money or benefit from it?
Old 22-10-2005, 05:38 PM   #9
Jim
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabillyhun
i wounder what percentage of the money raised actually made it to pakistan

After company cars, fact-finding trips, tax (YES, your donations are taxed), and salaries for the managers, (how fucking ridiculous is THAT!) and a yearly stipend for "non-executive" board members,(d-list "celebrities" and minor "gentry" to you and me), roughly 13%.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #10
Jim
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:

In 1991 my business went from being all clean, sparkly and stocked, to being ball-deep in flood-water in the space of 10 minutes. Not only did I not get a penny from the government, local OR national; I discovered that the business manager at my then bank had pocketed the insurance on the stock loan. It took me 8 years to get the bastards to refund it, and not once did I get any legal-aid advice or help from ANY official quarters. Despite proving the guy was a thief, I had to repay the entire loan, and all they did was promote the bastard and move him!
You want to know why Pakistan is getting the gnashing of teeth and wailing from "concerned" luvvies? Because it's FASHIONABLE to do so,it's FASHIONABLE to be seen to be concerned when all you want to do is go snort another line or abuse your "celebrity status", not because these people care that's why. Do you REALLY think all those single-figure I.Q's even know what event they're attending?
If you look into the history of Pakistan and India, you'll see a pattern of corruption and greed going back to before the days of the "British Raj", which has resulted, more recently, in government officials living in luxury from the profit they made on re-selling donated medicines, (Like Polio vaccinations etc), and of course the myriad other scams these scum are prone to practicing.(Child Brides, people-smuggling, heroin smuggling, and supplying arms to the Taliban and Mujahadin to name but a few.)
For what it's worth, if you want to donate money to a worthy cause, PLEASE seek out a local cause, DO NOT entrust your money to a centralised charity who employ area and shop managers.
I'm not unsympathetic to the plight of the people affected, but when ITN and BBC are broadcasting scenes of the destruction and misery of the areas affected, have a look at the Army and Police officials milling around in their RayBans in the background. Now, notice anything? In case you didn't, they're all FAT BASTARDS. Now look at the people they're casting a cynical eye over, huddled in their blankets and nursing still unattended wounds. Spot any fat bastards among them? No? Didn't think so.

Last edited by Jim; 22-10-2005 at 05:53 PM.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote